• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What anime are you looking forward to watch this year?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knightblaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to watching Neon Genisis Evangelion 2.0 movie. Been a huge fan of the series and the previous movies and to find out that they're making the 4 movies just blew my mind away. Bought the first movie on dvd from Hong Kong and that was amazing, can't wait for it to come out on blu-ray in a couple of month time.

Also the New Fate/Stay Night Movie looks "AWESOME"! Although the trailer does look like a retelling of the series but if the do a better job than Shakugen no Shana then I'm happy.
RHachicho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:19 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the Rot3K Anime. I loved the Kessen and Dynasty Warriors games and that got me interested in seeing the original story animated. Other than that I just plan to take it as it comes Smile
quengkol

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:29 am Reply with quote
I'm lookin' forward to watch:

series - K-On! 2nd season; Sekirei 2nd Season; and if the rumor is true Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunally

OAV - Fate/Stay Night

Movie - well it's Evangelion 2.0 though I already watch the RAW it is still better w/subs..
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to Funi's release of Eden of the East. I've heard good things.

But mostly praying like hell someone fan-subs Votoms: Phantom Arc. Cause Votoms owns, move over Gundam: Unicorn.
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:16 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
I'm looking forward to Funi's release of Eden of the East. I've heard good things.

This, plus Casshern Sins and Sengoku Basara. I'm also hoping that some company would see the light and license Imagawa's Shin Mazinger.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Honestly... I'm excited for Kaichou Wa Maid-sama. Part of me is "ugg... it'll probably be low quality because it's based of a shoujo manga." But then part of me thinks "Maids are Otaku fan fare! maybe it'll be done better since it could have an otaku audience!" so maybe they will try to make this well done. ;;u;; Either way i am excited for it. It's really the only one i'm paying attention too.
ugzz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:56 pm Reply with quote
quengkol wrote:
I'm lookin' forward to watch:

series - K-On! 2nd season; Sekirei 2nd Season; and if the rumor is true Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunally

OAV - Fate/Stay Night

If there is a loop, i am out of it lol

i didn't know about Any of the above, but if they are all upcoming... I Cant Wait!! Definitely excited for them all
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm out of the loop on new anime until about a week or two before a season starts, but I am looking forward to Evangelion 2.0. That's the only specific title I can name, but I always look forward to whatever Madhouse, Production IG and JC Staff puts out and anything with Rie Kugimiya in it.
catstigereye

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote
Angel Beats! Looks like a good show but who knows!

the other one i wanted to see was Mayoi Neko Overrun

there are some others but i cant think of the names right now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote
I know, the last two episodes of Bakemonogatari, though there is no news on when the next one is comeing out.

The Disapearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, it would be cool to see it.

Angel Beats would be cool. Aswell as the rumours of another .hack// series. And also K-ON! season 2, but I wasn't aware there was enough source material.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
You mean Japanese releases or American releases?

Japanese releases I'm definitely looking forward to seeing the Bakuman anime finally. I loved the manga and I'm sure the anime will be well done. Also the Gundam Unicorn looks amazing so it's going to be a must see. Hopefully the multi-country release will go over well. I also want to check out Durarara!! soon so I'm looking forward to that. And there was that Detective Conan movie that's suppose to be coming out soon, I'm always happy to see movies of this franchise. Finally there's the Abnormal Physiology Seminar anime thats suppose to come out this year. It sounds like it would be a fun anime. That's all I can think of for now, but we'll soon see what this year has to offer us in the anime world.

As for American releases I'm really looking forward to the releases of Soul Eater, I'm a big fan of the series and I can't wait to own it all. Plus the new Eva movie looks really good and I'm always happy to watch Evangelion. And Im hoping that the FLCL re-release will be coming out soon. Man it's starting to sound more and more likely that Funi is going to be dominating the majority of my anime budget this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1