• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sasameki Koto (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 9.....AZU-NYAN.....wait wrong series. Anime smile + sweatdrop

(gahhh, I want to go to a yuri Comiket market)

spoiler[Geez, life as a yuri fangirl is pretty tough especially if you're dedicated on writing yuri doujinshis. It really doesn't help if you have people unwilling to help you on a project. Sumika accidentally hurt Azusa's feelings for not being able to meet up with her in order to help her with the doujin; Azusa was really, REALLY looking forward towards this and having that event not being met just crushed her. Crying or Very sad

Thankfully, Sumika was able to put aside her plans and meet up with Azusa. To make up for it she decided to join her to an all-girls' love version of Comiket called Yuri Fes. Unfortunately she found it's on the same date that Ushio and the others are going to the beach. Sorry, Sumika! I guess yoou won't bee able to see Ushio in a sexy bikini! Laughing]

I have to say though, Ushio's and Sumika's pantomime to each other had me in stitches. Definitely one of the most hilarious moments this series has to offer! Laughing Cool

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote
Totally agree on the hilarity of the pantomime, I thought it was a brilliant bit. Not only was it funny, but of course it showed how close Sumika and Ushio are, to be able to understand their own personal "language" so well.

My inner horndog cried a little when we were spoiler[denied an after school swimsuit shopping scene, but oh well.]

Poor old Azusa, like so many of us, falls into the "own worst enemy" camp, but I was so glad that spoiler[Sumika didn't just the blow the situation off. Azusa's yuri fangirl heart must have burst with happiness to see her in her room like that.]

As seemed clear at the end of the episode, with Ushio appearing to spoiler[be a little downcast that she no longer has exclusive access to Sumika, her feelings towards her tall friend continue to progress beyond mere friendship. It won't be long before - as our British friends put it - she'll be gagging for it.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote
I am quite enjoying this series, much more then I originaly thought, and more then what I felt when I first felt whith the series atmosohere. I don't know why but I keep feeling sympathy for Azusa, she is probably my favirout character, even more then spoiler[the crossdressing, who is very feminem].

Episode 9 was mostly about Azusa Aoi spoiler[deciding to boost her idea from writing a fanzine, to an original novel, and her fantasies of Sumika. Azusa got quite depressed, but it looks like Sumika will help her. Though I do wonder why they don't just decide to change beach day, get the "girls club" to the yuri fest, and invite Azusa to the beach. That way we could have a beach episode simular to that of Shuffle or Chobits.

It also looks like Ushio is getting jellous, any guesses for when or if she starts stiring empty pots. Though they are quite closs, maybe she is doing that thing where giving distance to make closser, though I don't think it is a good idea to having dating plots simular to Nagi Sanzenin's failed plans]
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:35 am Reply with quote
Good episode, really enjoyed spoiler[watching Sumika own up to her mistake of essentially ignoring poor Azusa.] Although she is a bit... gung-ho about the whole yuri thing. Razz

Also, to those of you who have read the manga, how much more story is left? The encyclopedia entry for the show only lists up to episode 12. I hope it goes beyond that, I'm really digging this series. It's the only fall show I'm following atm....
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:39 am Reply with quote
spooksmagee wrote:
Although she is a bit... gung-ho about the whole yuri thing. Razz

Compared to a bunch of other anime series containing containing your every-day squealing yaoi fangirl, I, for one, welcome our squealing yuri fangirls! Seriously! Please!!! The only one I met in real life was our former anime club president (plus some other things.......Anime hyper)

Quote:
Also, to those of you who have read the manga, how much more story is left? The encyclopedia entry for the show only lists up to episode 12. I hope it goes beyond that, I'm really digging this series. It's the only fall show I'm following atm....

http://www.sasameki.com/release/index.html

From the looks of the DVD release schedule, 13 episodes are planned with 12 being broadcasted and one being a DVD-only episode. As for a possibility for more, this series adapts one chapter for every episode and the manga is like around chapter 30 something so there's A LOT of material for the anime staff to do a season 2 (I don't know if it's coming to an end though).

Now whether this title is popular enough to get a season 2 or even have the will to do one is another question......this is where we start praying or if you have a shit load of cash start importing a bunch of copies of the DVDs. Laughing
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 pm Reply with quote
episode 9

Oh, Kazama! You're breaking my heart! Crying or Very sad
Okay, maybe that's exaggerating things, but seriously. I like how the roles have seemingly reversed: spoiler[in the beginning, we had Kazama being all open and gaggling over other people while Sumika was sort of closed off and full of heart-ache over her. Now, Sumika is the one being all open and involved with the rest of the cast while Kazama is now beginning to feel closed off and feeling down over not having Sumika to herself.] This show knows what its doing.

Oh yeah, the scene of Aoi spoiler[falling asleep while cleaning the window and smashing that poor girl] had me laughing; it was very simple, but very unexpected Wink .
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:30 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

http://www.sasameki.com/release/index.html

From the looks of the DVD release schedule, 13 episodes are planned with 12 being broadcasted and one being a DVD-only episode. As for a possibility for more, this series adapts one chapter for every episode and the manga is like around chapter 30 something so there's A LOT of material for the anime staff to do a season 2 (I don't know if it's coming to an end though).

Now whether this title is popular enough to get a season 2 or even have the will to do one is another question......this is where we start praying or if you have a shit load of cash start importing a bunch of copies of the DVDs. Laughing

Ah, ok then. Thanks for the info. Smile I'll keep my fingers crossed for a second season then I guess, depending on how they end this one.

And I suppose I could just import a ton of DVDs and just randomly give them out as gifts to people... Wink
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10....SWIMSUIT EPI.....errrr......not. Well, at least it started out in a bang. Laughing

spoiler[Pretty much the entire episode was devoted towards Sumika helping out Azusa in putting together her yuri doujin. At first Sumika still wanted to go out with Ushio and the others to the beach in hope in seeing her in a sexy bikini and hopefully having it fall off due to an unexplainable cause.

Then she realized she owed Azusa that much espeically with the amount of work Azusa made; she even made Marimite-esque cosplay costumes for them to wear at the YuriFes event. As they finished folding up the pages, they were ready to bind them together until Azusa discovered a misspelling. Things got worse from here on out to a point Azusa broke down and cried. Sumika assured her that this can be salvaged.

Meanwhile the others were supposed to be at the beach, but thanks to Tomoe's.....errrr driving skills they didn't stay too long. They decided to check out the YuriFes instead where Sumika and Azusa were at.

In the end, I don't think Azusa sold that many copies. Crying or Very sad Laughing ]

On another note, why are there so many fangirls at that YuriFes, and how come we don't that many here?!!! Evil or Very Mad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:01 pm Reply with quote
Well, Ushio all but spoiler[came out and declared that she wanted to have 10,000 of Sumika's babies! There's no doubt about it now, the only question left is which of the two will do the official confessing. My money's on Ushio because I think she's the more willing to take the risk and go for what she wants.]

And if the preview is to be believed, next eppie will FINALLY be the long-awaited spoiler[swimsuit edition!]
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I once again have to hand it to this show; it pulled the ultimate spoiler[fake-out; "Oh, you THOUGHT we were going to give you a swimsuit episode!"] Laughing And once again, the ending scene put cavities in my teeth: spoiler[Ushio's coming to the event just to see Sumika.] Too sweet... Embarassed
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:22 am Reply with quote
Funny how that when it rains, it pours, strange that this episode had a them trying to overcome a bit. And I liked the bit where spoiler[Azusa was angry and was yelling at her mother, though her motherhad good intentions, it was good to see Sumika try to help the situation.]

I was wondering if there was suposed to be a Gurren Lagann reference when Tomoe, well did something that even Azumanga's Yukari sensei couldnt even acomplish. I also had the thought put to me that what if Ushio's brother got some of the insperation for the character from Sumika and or Ushio.

Well I enjoyed episode 10, it looks like next might be at the pool, and Ushio does seem to be having feelings for Sumika, But I do hope we see more Masaki who hasn't been in for a bit.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11, SWIMSUIT EPISODE.....take two!!!

SO MANY MOMENTS to a point I need screencaps, but the raw is not out yet at the moment so that has to wait. Though this episode did end spoiler[on a reflection from Azusa in which she knows Sumika and Ushio are close and will become lovers once they actually confess their true feelings, and she has no chance in falling in love with Sumika.]

I don't want this show to be over yet!!! I want my season 2!!!! Crying or Very sad
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Sumika learned the age old lesson that love makes retards of us all. spoiler[ I laughed/winced at her painful belly flop trying to show off for Ushio. The awkward silence between her, Sumika and Tomoe after Sumika snapped when she suggested that Sumika try to attract guys by using her and Tomoe as bait was pretty painful, too, but they got by that hurtle. Yeah, poor Azusa - in the game of love it always seems like somebody has to lose. Mind you, I still have to question how much of a true lesbian she really is - I suspect she is more in love with the "romantic" idea of it, as opposed to the reality.]
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12......now here's a filler episode. Nothing that's consider spoiler-worthy since it's mostly Sumika and her friends going through a scavenger hunt based on several clues around the school. And then in the end it's mostly your usual retrospective stuff. Though what I found amusing is spoiler[how this episode talked about getting a German transfer student; those girls will in for a treat IF this series gets a season 2! Surprised ]

I'm guessing next week's episode will be the last one so I'm pretty much wrong on the DVD-only episode thing. Embarassed
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
Filler episode, indeed. A pity because I've been enjoying Sumika and Ushio's growing non-platonic awareness and would love to have seen it developed even more. Hey Santa, I know Christmas 2009 is over, but howzabout giving us a second season of SK as a belated present?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4