• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: U.S. Cartoon Network Puts Bakugan on Saturday Nights

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
moohoo wrote:
Lol this shows CN still has a weekness. we all no or new there CN real wasint going anywere. its a joke beside playing re runs of old stuff CN is dead/dieing. trust me when i say there gnna start bringing anime back or thay can rest wich im sure thay wont do. anime made them with out it there just a dead stick. thay can't come up with anything original like there ghost hunters, show for kids wow that was very original lol. there sad thay can't beat out kids networks like nick and dis them knowing this. there just trying to hold off for pride.....o and as for AS lol that all so keeps geting more n more bad maybe if i was a pot head id love it.... Sad fact being anime is CN with out it there Cartoonlastwork. Twisted Evil

...Does anyone elses brain hurt after reading this?

This is, by no means, a massive return for anime. They probably wanna give the kids something to be interested in watching on saturday night.

And I'll give Bakugan credit, it doesn't seem like it's such an utter piece of trash. I mean, we all know of the **** quality anime that flooded CN in the mid 2000's... Duel Masters is the most unpleasant one that I remember. Bakugan doesn't quite seem to be in that much lower category.

Maybe it has to do with Nelvana being in control of it instead of say 4Kids, maybe it has good marketing and maybe they're not trying to make it work for something it isn't supposed to be. I've seen a few episodes here and there and I'll be honest, if I had a kid, I wouldn't mind them being into it... But if I'm gonna let them nerd out, I'd rather start them on something more tolerable for me like say Magic or some D&D.

So, good to see this happening. It seems the series is pretty damn popular, too bad it doesn't look like it will have the strength to topple pokemon. But hopefully the fans watching this will keep their interest in anime afterwards, if this show is capable of being responsible for more to the fandom, I welcome its presence.
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:06 pm Reply with quote
MetatronM wrote:
So Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, Fullmetal Alchemist, Big O, FLCL, and Moribito ceased to be good somewhere along the way?

Dmysta3000 wrote:
I meant the good anime that Cartoon Network (not adult swim) used to show...

Let us not forget, and stop confusing them, that CN and AS are technically two different networks now, that just so happen to air on the same channel. This is why AS made a big deal a while back about their ratings being reported separately from CN's, allowing them to command their own rates for commercial timeslots.

moohoo wrote:

Ouch... just ouch. Maybe try using spellcheck next time, ne?
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Why doesn't Cartoon Network just flat out say "We don't like anime!" and just drop anime altogether? Why insult the viewership with a kids anime that is more suited for Saturday mornings?
animeboy12

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:
Why doesn't Cartoon Network just flat out say "We don't like anime!" and just drop anime altogether? Why insult the viewership with a kids anime that is more suited for Saturday mornings?

read your post aloud. How many flaws do you see in your post?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
I'd rather Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds or Pokemon aired instead, but I guess I shouldn't complain.

Yeah, right. Let's ruin anime even more.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
KabaKabaFruit wrote:

Because Hamtaro, Zoids, Sailor Moon, and DB/Z/GT aren't kids anime.
Mawdryn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:41 am Reply with quote
IMO, the placing of Bakugan on Saturday nights is just more of Cartoon Network continual floundering about, hoping to put together some kind of genuine block of shows that might work there ('cos repeats of "CN Real" ain't cutting it).

But I give it two weeks before they take Bakugan back off Saturday nights and replace it with repeats of Total Drama Island and 6 Teen or whatever it's called...
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:49 am Reply with quote
Egan Loo wrote:
MagusGuardian wrote:
so bakugan is now on saturday nights and everyones thinking it'll bring back anime to the saturday night line up yeah the chances of that happening is slimer then a strand of hair

Bakugan is, by most definitions of the word, anime. So Bakugan's mere presence on the Saturday night lineup means that it has already brought back anime to the Saturday night lineup. Now, the question of whether more anime will come back is up in the air.
I did Not say bakugan isn't anime I just think this is just a last ditch effort for CN to try and claw its way out of the hole to save it's pathetic arse and that anime coming back to saturday nights are just flat out slim to none
manga1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:05 am Reply with quote
Lets wait and see, I hope they have something on saturdays, and it is called cartoon network for a reason enough live action that is for nick. heck even they had anime and continue to make better shows then Cartoon network as far as new ones go.
moohoo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:49 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:
moohoo wrote:
Lol this shows CN still has a weekness. we all no or new there CN real wasint going anywere. its a joke beside playing re runs of old stuff CN is dead/dieing. trust me when i say there gnna start bringing anime back or thay can rest wich im sure thay wont do. anime made them with out it there just a dead stick. thay can't come up with anything original like there ghost hunters, show for kids wow that was very original lol. there sad thay can't beat out kids networks like nick and dis them knowing this. there just trying to hold off for pride.....o and as for AS lol that all so keeps geting more n more bad maybe if i was a pot head id love it.... Sad fact being anime is CN with out it there Cartoonlastwork. Twisted Evil

This is, by no means, a massive return for anime. They probably wanna give the kids something to be interested in watching on saturday night.

And I'll give Bakugan credit, it doesn't seem like it's such an utter piece of trash. I mean, we all know of the **** quality anime that flooded CN in the mid 2000's... Duel Masters is the most unpleasant one that I remember. Bakugan doesn't quite seem to be in that much lower category.

Maybe it has to do with Nelvana being in control of it instead of say 4Kids, maybe it has good marketing and maybe they're not trying to make it work for something it isn't supposed to be. I've seen a few episodes here and there and I'll be honest, if I had a kid, I wouldn't mind them being into it... But if I'm gonna let them nerd out, I'd rather start them on something more tolerable for me like say Magic or some D&D.

So, good to see this happening. It seems the series is pretty damn popular, too bad it doesn't look like it will have the strength to topple pokemon. But hopefully the fans watching this will keep their interest in anime afterwards, if this show is capable of being responsible for more to the fandom, I welcome its presence.
Does anyone elses brain hurt Ya im sorry for that want a hug mt spelling sucks and im not the best when it comes to how do you say eng text im trying my best here
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote
moohoo wrote:
Kyogissun wrote:
moohoo wrote:

Does anyone elses brain hurt Ya im sorry for that want a hug mt spelling sucks and im not the best when it comes to how do you say eng text im trying my best here

My apologies then, it's hard to tell these days when someone ACTUALLY has trouble with the language, like in your case, and when they're being lazy with their spelling.

Didn't mean to insult. It was more a literal comment, I had trouble reading... But again, sorry. I agree with you though, I don't like this CN Real crap they have on their nowadays... And having just found out a few days ago the Ed, Edd and Eddy movie is FINALLY airing stateside, with little to no early announcement, just makes me realize how little they care about good content/classic shows on their network...

I miss the days of older cartoons filling up the morning/early afternoon hours... At least they still show some classics. Kinda warmed my heart catching an hour of Tom and Jerry earlier today.

Good times... Good times.
Strike Freedom Meister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:49 am Reply with quote
The reason why Cartoon Network ratings are tanking is because of the horrible decisions made by CN. Toonami was a definite hit. The best block of cartoons period. However, they started to change Cartoon Network into shows that nobody wanted to watch. All of their original cartoon failed miserably. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, 6teen, Total Drama Island, Mike Lou and Ogg, Chowder, Johnny Test, and others absolutely suck.

Then they start introducing CN Real. WTH? It supposed to be a cartoon network. I don't want to see live action movies on a CARTOON network! I want to see animated shows, anime, old school stuff that's cool, and new school stuff that interesting. I also didn't care for Ben10 or Naruto. Bleach, Ghost in the Shell SAG, the Big O, and Inuyasha was cool. I thought there was much better anime and old school cartoons that could have done the job better.

Cartoon Network's stupid decision to cecede all the good anime to Disney X.D., Stars, and Sci Fi. I can tell you for a fact that Gundam 00 blew away anything on Cartoon Network. Hellsing was another great anime that Cartoon Network let get away. I just think that CN needs to go back to the Toonami format with proper advertising and get rid of all the crap on their network.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
animeboy12 wrote:
read your post aloud. How many flaws do you see in your post?

Nothing that supports CN's current business model.

*beats a dead horse*
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote
Strike Freedom Meister wrote:
The reason why Cartoon Network ratings are tanking is because of the horrible decisions made by CN. Toonami was a definite hit. The best block of cartoons period. However, they started to change Cartoon Network into shows that nobody wanted to watch. All of their original cartoon failed miserably. Ed, Edd, and Eddy, 6teen, Total Drama Island, Mike Lou and Ogg, Chowder, Johnny Test, and others absolutely suck.

Johnny Test, 6teen, and Total Drama Island aren't Cartoon Network productions. Along with Bakugan, those are Canadian shows from Teletoon. AFAIK the latter two (TDI, and 6teen) of those have been pretty decent sucess stories for non-Japanese foreign animation on Cartoon Network. I'd rather have Nerd Corps. succeed in the US, but I ain't complaining.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:13 pm Reply with quote
In related news: For some reason Cartoon Network today put Pokemon on at 7:00 AM on Saturday which appears to be it's new permeant spot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4