• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most violent anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AoFRyo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:54 am Reply with quote
M.D Geist and Angel Cop is bloody violent.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:32 am Reply with quote
darkhunter wrote:
To westerns, anime is common refer to animatin from japan. but to the Japanese, anime just mean animation. (doesn't matter where it comes from or what style is being used). Perhaps we're the foolish one that are using the term incorrectly.

I know, I know, I'm sick of being corrected every single time I say that when I'm well aware of it already. Look, we need a succinct, compact term we can use to refer specifically to Japanese animation, right? Because it's tiring to have to type out "Japanese animation" every time, right? Well, it appears we have found that term in adopting the Japanese form of "animation," and using it to refer to anything Japanese-produced, with a primarily Japanese creative team, and aimed mostly at a Japanese audience. Sure, in Japan it means all animation, most of us already know that. But here it's taken on a meaning of its own whether that means we're "misusing" it or not, and some of us are getting sick of being corrected every time this nonsense comes up. Do you really want me to start calling Scooby-Doo anime?

Sorry for the hostile tone of this post but it's getting really irritating.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Depression

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, was definitely very bloody. People were getting cut up through out the entire thing.
GoldHawk021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:45 am Reply with quote
Depression Wrote:

Quote:
Samurai X Trust and Betrayal, was definitely very bloody. People were getting cut up through out the entire thing.

Hell yea I saw it yesterday and half the movie I was with my eyes cover. But the story was kinda sad. Crying or Very sad
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:15 pm Reply with quote
GoldHawk021 wrote:
Depression Wrote:

Quote:

Hell yea I saw it yesterday and half the movie I was with my eyes cover. But the story was kinda sad. Crying or Very sad

It was that violent to you? Sure there were people being chopped up but I didn't need to close my eyes. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
GoldHawk021

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Animefreak08 wrote:

Quote:
It was that violent to you? Sure there were people being chopped up but I didn't need to close my eyes.

Well the reason why I did that is when.In the beginnig of the story. spoiler[Kenshin's guardian was telling him to live forever and then they just stabbed her. ]I did'nt want to see that cause frist I was going to cry and next I am not that strong for seeing
violent things. Maybe Animefreak08 you are stronger for seeing these kinda of stuff. But I'm highly senstive on it.
SykoLoser

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote
I agree, Fist of the North Star, Ninja Scroll, and Berserk were all really violent but so is Akira isnt it?
tekkaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Urotsukidoji is the most violent anime I've seen. Berserk is tame when compared to this.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:18 pm Reply with quote
tekkaman wrote:
Urotsukidoji is the most violent anime I've seen. Berserk is tame when compared to this.
What about Violence Jack?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:19 pm Reply with quote
GoldHawk021 wrote:
Animefreak08 wrote:

Quote:
It was that violent to you? Sure there were people being chopped up but I didn't need to close my eyes.

Well the reason why I did that is when.In the beginnig of the story. spoiler[Kenshin's guardian was telling him to live forever and then they just stabbed her. ]I did'nt want to see that cause frist I was going to cry and next I am not that strong for seeing
violent things. Maybe Animefreak08 you are stronger for seeing these kinda of stuff. But I'm highly senstive on it.

What about the part when spoiler[hito chopped that bandit in like 4 pieces...that was friggin awesome! Anime hyper ]
tekkaman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
It's just there with Urotsukidoji. [/spoiler]
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:12 am Reply with quote
3x3 Eyes is pretty friggin' violent, being the fact spoiler[the main character can't die as he is spiritually tied to Sonjiauhn (no clue how to spell that)] it leads to a lot of very, very violent and blood splattering scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fluffy-sama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 1:35 am Reply with quote
Is Parasyte an anime? I have never botherd to check but it is an extremely violent manga. I let on friend read it once and she reportedly had nightmares for weeks. Yeah the manga is that awsome!
Withnail

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 6:08 am Reply with quote
Not necessarily the most violent in terms of body count or quantity of blood, but the anime that left the strongest negative impression on me are:

End of Evangelion (v3). Primarily due to the beating (both mental and physical) that Asuka takes over the last few episodes of the series and during the film itself. Just left a bad taste in my mouth...

Plus my odd choice, the Animatrix (EP 4, I think). There's a scene where a guy in a combat suit of some sort has his machine cut open like a tin can by a big robot then is pulled from it in such a way that his limbs are ripped off. Eww.. *shudder*. That just freaks me out a bit.
triggerw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Ninja Ressurection was pretty violent (killing,raping and sacrificing to revive the evil lord)
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10