• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Most violent anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frodusy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:19 am Reply with quote
from the little parts that i saw of kite... oh man... looked awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
GoldHawk021

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Akira was kinda grooy. Don't want my kids looking at that.

Last edited by GoldHawk021 on Fri Jul 16, 2004 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr. Smee

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:43 am Reply with quote
whoa... hippy......uh o.. anyways the kenshin ova's had great ammounts of violence...
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:15 am Reply with quote
Hell Seek yeah I know its not a anime but so far it takes the cake for most disturbing thing I've seen.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:55 am Reply with quote
I was reading through this thread, and I noticed the first post is somewhat, *ahem*, broad in its definition of what makes an anime "violent":

hellsing wrote:
I was just curious to what other people think is the most violent anime show (in terms of blood,gore,cussing,fighting,sex,ect...)

"Blood" and "gore", these surely make an anime "violent". So does "fighting". But "cussing" and "sex"? Honestly... Rolling Eyes

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:11 am Reply with quote
abunai wrote:
I was reading through this thread, and I noticed the first post is somewhat, *ahem*, broad in its definition of what makes an anime "violent":

hellsing wrote:
I was just curious to what other people think is the most violent anime show (in terms of blood,gore,cussing,fighting,sex,ect...)

"Blood" and "gore", these surely make an anime "violent". So does "fighting". But "cussing" and "sex"? Honestly... Rolling Eyes

- abunai

well I feel Rape anime is by far the worst more so then blood and guts.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:30 am Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
abunai wrote:

hellsing wrote:

- abunai

well I feel Rape anime is by far the worst more so then blood and guts.

True, true. But the original post didn't specify "rape". It said "sex".

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kawaii Moon Kitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Most violent I've seen so far...
    Blood: The Last Vampire
    Vampire Hunter D
    Ninja Scroll
    Berserk
    Hokuto no Ken (Fist of The North Star)

cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:

True, true. But the original post didn't specify "rape". It said "sex".

- abunai

yes but Rape involves sex and is Violent in nature.
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Most violent anime I've seen are the following:
Ninja Scroll(I never thought it could rain blood I was wrong)
Black Lion
Grappler Baki
The Seven Man Army(Shichinin-Tai) arc of Inuyasha
Animated Part of Kill Bill Vol. 1
Akira
Berserk
Tekken the motion picture and many many more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 10:42 pm Reply with quote
there are alot of old animes from the 80's/early 90's that are so insanly violent they put most of the stuff today to shame. i saw a music video that was devoted only to showing violent anime from this time period. Man, this stuff made Ninja Scroll look like Hamtaro. but i have no knowlege of what these things were (im sure they weren't all that great anyway), so here are some of the violent things I've seen:
Ninja Scroll
Perfect Blue
Kenshin OVA
Berserk is violent, but its pretty scary just how much more graphic the manga is.
hutti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:29 am Reply with quote
I think Amon was the most violent Anime but there're also some violent scenes in Rurouni Kenshin OVA and MD Geist
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:50 am Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Berserk is violent, but its pretty scary just how much more graphic the manga is.

I kept on thinking the same thing every time I read that Berserk was the most violent for a lot of people. The manga is way more graphic, but I guess they compensate with the little elvan fairy Puck. Rolling Eyes

Still though I was astounded with the amount of detail that goes into the gore in the manga. In the anime you see blood splatter all the time, but you never see entrails hanging out of a body or anything like that. In the manga the entrails are included, and so much more.

~LoneWolf
Poppycock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:41 pm Reply with quote
so far the 3 most violent animes i've seen are Hellsing, Dragonball Z (believe it or not it gets really bloody in some episodes), and Saint Seyia (you can even tell from Knights of the Zodiac that the uncut version (Saint Seyia) is very bloody.)

Last edited by Poppycock on Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
darkhunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Carol Maxwell wrote:
I can't think of any really gory anime and such, but, I can think of a cartoon that are violent without blood and guts and gore. The famous Tom and Jerry. That show has be so violent it's funny. Tom always seems to step on rakes or hoes or various other yard care equipment. Or, when he gets kicked, he doesn't stop until he hits a wall. Or when he runs through a fence, he falls to pieces. And his scream. No one could replicate that....except if they recorded it or something. But, once I realised this, I'm like, cool! Surprised It's just a thought I had to say.

You're kidding right? You call this the most violent cartoon? It's more of unintional mindless violence to make people laugh such as America's Funniest Home Video. If your friend ran into a wall by accident..you would laugh too.

Carol Maxwell wrote:
Why does something HAVE to be bloody to be called violent? Confused

NOT everything that's bloody has to be call violent so you are right but that's not the point. The topic is the "most" violent anime and that usually involve blood. And when I say usually involve blood because violence reminded of cruel acts like.
Getting slap on the head is violent, but getting your head saw off is more violent? Don't you agree?

Most people say Berserk is violent since it's popular, yet it's a TV series and was tone down from the manga. The manga was extremely violent. After reading the manga and watching the TV show, berserk doesn't come off as violent. I think Fist of the North star was violent and funny. I mean how many heads exploded due to a single punch. or Bible black which is disgusting in a way.

[quote="Nagisa"]
albion wrote:
Nagisa wrote:
American-made, non-anime.

Also, to say an animated title is not anime IS NOT being harsh or negative. Just because an animated film or TV show is not anime does not necessarily make it "bad" or "inferior." It just means it was not a Japanese-produced, (primarily) Japanese-oriented creation.

To westerns, anime is common refer to animatin from japan. but to the Japanese, anime just mean animation. (doesn't matter where it comes from or what style is being used). Perhaps we're the foolish one that are using the term incorrectly.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10