• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Excel saga!!!!!!! what do you think of it

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evil_anime_kid666

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:05 am Reply with quote
I've been watching Excel saga at school and funny as hell
tell me what you think about this anime because i love it Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:42 pm Reply with quote
Well first of all, you didn't need to put so many exclamation marks in the thread title.

And second, I thought Excel was excel-lent. Laughing

Never have I seen such crazy and off-the-wall comedy since Ranma 1/2. I also like a lot of the parody it has. The story is pretty meh, but that's not this show's strength.

The only thing I didn't like personally though was the dubbing. I think it's good for people who don't like reading subtitles (especially when they're this fast,) but I think the dub voices are just dull at times and don't make it as funny.

I especially can't stand Excel's dub voice. In addition to saying I hadn't seen anime as funny as this, I'd also like to add that I've also never heard a voice so physcially painful to listen to. I giver her credit for at least trying, but yikes, get me some earplugs.
Maccers

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Loved it, Loved it and Loved it sum 'ore.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:04 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

I especially can't stand Excel's dub voice. In addition to saying I hadn't seen anime as funny as this, I'd also like to add that I've also never heard a voice so physcially painful to listen to. I giver her credit for at least trying, but yikes, get me some earplugs.

I think that's what she was going for actually, and I thought it was quite good.

As far the show in general, it's one of the funniest titles I've ever seen. I don't think I ever laughed as hard as I did while I was watching it!
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
I think that's what she was going for actually, and I thought it was quite good.

Well, if the intent of her English voice was for irritating the life out of me, it worked. I just thought it was very distracting since I didn't understand most of what she was saying.

At least in Japanese though, her voice was high, but not painfully and excrutiatingly so loud that you wanted to fry yourself by jumping into an AT Field Laughing (the inside joke is for Eva because Excel's Japanese voice was played Misato's. In case you didn't know. Wink)

Overall though, I think the dub is still good if you're not as picky as I am.
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
[quote="Kazuki-san"

At least in Japanese though, her voice was high, but not painfully and excrutiatingly so loud that you wanted to fry yourself by jumping into an AT Field Laughing (the inside joke is for Eva because Excel's Japanese voice was played Misato's. In case you didn't know. Wink)

Well it was more like explode into a blob of LCL Wink
graywolf

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:50 pm Reply with quote
both where great only difrence is that flcl creator is actualy crayzy.

and whats wrong with being crayzy?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Just a fun fact for you all, but did you know the lady who did Excel's voice for dub's first four dvd's had to stop doing her voice? Why you ask? Well apparently she had strained her voice so badly from doing all the annoying sounds she made, that her voice finally just gave out. RIP bad excel dub voice Laughing

~LoneWolf
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 6:06 pm Reply with quote
graywolf wrote:
both where great only difrence is that flcl creator is actualy crayzy.

and whats wrong with being crayzy?

I wasn't talking about FLCL, I was talking about LCL from Eva (the orange liquid that fills the entry plug)
BakaNekoDain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:

Roger that, the painful shrieks of the english dubbing were a bit much(my eardrums thank adv for the subs). Nevertheless its a hilarious anime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
evil_anime_kid666

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:50 pm Reply with quote
The main thing i like about excel is that when she's talking it just makes you wanna laugh your ass off. and i also like the parts with Pedro and him trying to get his "sexy wife back". and one of my favorites is when they make fun of DBZ im not saying i dont like DBZ i just thought is was funny when perdo got his afro:lol:. and i also like hyatt or Hatchan i think she is awesome the way she just dies Crying or Very sad is just funny and then comes back to life Laughing. well i think its great parody on other animes and movies Very Happy
evil_anime_kid666

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Lone Wolf and Cub wrote:
Just a fun fact for you all, but did you know the lady who did Excel's voice for dub's first four dvd's had to stop doing her voice? Why you ask? Well apparently she had strained her voice so badly from doing all the annoying sounds she made, that her voice finally just gave out. RIP bad excel dub voice Laughing

~LoneWolf

Heh i dont give a crap about the dub voices i just like the japanese voices its so much funnier in japanese Laughing
Jkid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:37 pm Reply with quote
I really got to get that DVD soon.
Momoiro

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:54 pm Reply with quote
It is very funny, I enjoyed watching Excel Saga. You may also want to watch Puni Puni Poemi after you are done with Excel Saga, it is only 2 episodes long.
Vekou

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, I think it's crap.

The humor is quite repetitive and gets stale after one episode. The brand of humor itself isn't even all that funny to begin with. The voices (both sub and dub) are so grating I can't stand to watch the series for more than 10 minutes at a time. The only things that I liked about Excel Saga were the parodies, and only some of them were good. Oh, and the animation was allright.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2