• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Pink Feminine Gundam.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
Original source (traditional Chinese): http://motocity.com.tw/gp2/viewtopic.php?t=232707
Livedoor news report (Japanese): http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/4219075/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:12 am Reply with quote
Seeing this puts an image into my mind of someone, up late, seeing a television ad for a rhinestone/faux jewelry punch press to "bedazzle" cellphones and took it to the extreme.

No, beyond the extreme.

I'm not sure what to make of that, except to ask "Where the hell is the Easy Bake oven?"
Mike On Top

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
Wha..., this must be for cake-otakus or something Laughing
... Nothing sacred left ... Rolling Eyes
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
Leave it to Japan to make something this strange. What's next a organic Gundam?
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
Looking at those shots makes me hungry from some cake. I'll give who ever did that some props, they did a detailed job. I imagine now some prankster is going to try and paint the 18 meter Gundam statue pink. Either way, this is definitely news worthy, at least for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hepzibah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Those photos made my day. Laughing I admit, I'm surprised someone didn't think of that sooner. I want to see the pilot of that thing next.

Thank you so much for sharing that.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
ivorymoose

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:47 pm Reply with quote
errr... Surprised Sad Confused Shocked Very Happy I'm confused. Never liked pink although I can be girlish. Is that a skirt? What's the world coming to....

Barbie's Gundam.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Yep, a massive weapon of destruction and war decorated in frilly pink with jeweled hearts and flowers all over. It shall certainly strike fear into the hearts of its enemies. Or at least confusion.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 pm Reply with quote
It looks like Sailor Colony, the 21st Century addition to the Sailor Scouts. No-one knows for sure where it came from, although leading theories include atrocious fan-fiction (paying $2.10), the future ($2.99) and "secret JSDF base" ($4.62).

I think its ultimate attack is the majestic "Sakura Blossom", sort of like the "Death Blossom" from The Last Starfighter, but powered by love and justice. The beams come out of the jewels if I remember correctly, and then "Macross", giving full 360-degree field of fire.

Sadly it was never officially rolled out. Partly because the Sailor Scouts lacked the necessary angsty teenage boy to pilot it, and partly mostly because the darn thing kept on sinking into the ground on various test-runs, requiring billions of yen to fish it out each time. Tuxedo Mask isn't made of money you know.

Attempts were made to enlarge the feet by a factor of three, allowing roughly the same surface pressure as a human. But the severe loss of coolness outweighed the inherent practicality, and the upgrade was quietly shelved.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget the offshoot also was made of plastics instead of metal to reduce weight. Tragically, it was discovered that they would melt producing noxious gas when exposed to direct sunlight, and all the mechanics and developers died in their sleep. This is the real reason why the project was a failure.
RedLeader

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:06 am Reply with quote
AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!!!!! KILL IT WITH FIRE!! KILL IT WITH FIIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:41 am Reply with quote
All hail Shojobot, and her loli-fashion rail gun! Laughing

(This makes me want to play Virtual On, with the pigtailed robot whose name I never learned...)
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote
OMG! All that pink and bling, overloading my senses... Shocked

Whomever did this should be executed for crimes against Mechadom.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Yamata-no-Orochi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote
Think they're kinda cute Shocked But maybe is the beggining of a world more open and diverse (with that I mean a twisted, full of disaster and darkness world)

It's good that they made some shoujo version of a very masculine topic (Even opening doors for the end of the world)

But it's ok for me Very Happy
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Although I find this interesting and creepy, it just doesn't seem like the most awesome idea for a Gundam. Besides the 3 decades Gundam has been dragging on (pun in the sense of a drag queen and dragging a series on), this is outrageously flamboyant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2