• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hatsukoi Limited (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyokun703

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Thoughts on Episode 9: I'm glad this was a fanservice free episode since this was one of the more serious stories with only light humor. I feel Chikura's pain.

And it looks like both of the mystery girls will appear in the next episode. It sounds kind of like a mash up episode, with them, Meguru, Kusuda, and Enomoto mentioned. And I'm assuming Speedo guy will show up, if Meguru is involved.

Miranox wrote:
Some of the characters also displayed a kind of maturity that I've yet to see in other series.

Yeah, sometimes I forget that more than half of the cast is supposed to be about 13-14.
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
Yeah, sometimes I forget that more than half of the cast is supposed to be about 13-14.

In Japan students who finish last year of middle school are around 14-15, and since most of them are high schoolers I'll guess they are all around 15-17. Besides they don't look that young.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:16 am Reply with quote
Actually the majority of the girls are in middle school, not high school. And when Enomoto (Superficial Girl) was spoiler[being proposed to by that lolicon in the restaurant], I'm pretty sure she said she was 14, so it makes sense the other girls in her class are roughly that age.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I just finished watching to the latest episode of thus series, personaly the plot description sounded boring to me but when I started watching this I found it quite interesting. It is differently not a harem which is good, though the plot does feel a bit similar to School Rumble, it is not that either. My main fear was the different stories would not be very conected and we would be without any development episodes away, but they are conected, the stories continue and it is kind of funny when suddenly a new piece can be added sudenly like when spoiler[where the brother and sister fit in]. Another thing I felt was that looking at the different characters I think a bunch seem to be very simular to characters, though it is good there isn't any character thrust up on an altar here as "main character".

[EDIT: Fixed spoiler tags and a few other things.~Zalis]
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
soon as i saw the picture of all the school girls in the opening post i knew this show would be for me Smile
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:19 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching eppie 10 and loved it! It was all about kappa and spoiler[boobs.] By the way, what exactly does kappa mean? Monster? I tried to babelfish the word, but the site was no help at all.

Anyway, I still have a hard time imagining that this series really is only going to be just 12 episodes long. With supposedly only 2 to go, I can't imagine it being wrapped up in any kind of satisfying way. We'll see, I guess.[/b]
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:35 am Reply with quote
I haven't seen episode 10 yet, but I can tell you more or less what a Kappa is.

A Kappa is a Japanese folklorish creature who has the body of a turtle and the face of a monkey. I think it has a fondness for cucumbers and human flesh. It has a indentation on its head where water is stored that is somehow linked with its life. You can defeat it by bowing to it, and it being a polite creature, will bow back, tipping out all the water in its head and making it weak.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
Thanks, kyonkun703 - that tidbit of information certainly makes one of the gags in the episode much more understandable! It's interesting how different in tone the most recent episode is compared with the one just before it. The latest one is has some over-the-top comedy beats while the one previous was very nostalgic and sentimental; almost straight drama. Needless to say, I prefer the more over-the-top stuff.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Well the two extra girls were in the latest episode, both seemed to create a problem, but might actualy help instead, and finaly all the female cast has met. The odd thing about this one was that though there was a level of humour, there was more drama underneath more then anything.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:38 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Well, it looks like Meguru's story was wrapped up, and the missing two girls were introduced, which is good. I feel sorry for poor Kusuda; spoiler[looks like he's reached his breaking point, and Enomoto realized it too late.]

Looking forward to the final episodes, and hope they end nicely (i.e. have closure), and don't just leave us hanging.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:45 am Reply with quote
Just caught eppie 11. Seems like Enomoto (Blondie) may spoiler[finally reveal her true feelings to Kusuda (kappa face) in the next episode. She's put the poor little pervy bugger through hell so he deserves some good news.]

If you watch the preview for the next episode (which sadly seems like it will be the last) it also seems like Arihara spoiler["chooses" between her crush Zaitsu and his behemoth brother, Misao. I find it hard to believe that Misao is in the running at all...the show has made no effort to make it look like Arihara has any feelings for Misao beyond terror. However, she did see him say something inspiring to Enomoto, so...but he's a real dark horse at best.]

At least Misaki finally seems to realize that spoiler[Yuuji isn't in to her. He was a weird choice to start with. Oh, you shoved a lollipop in my mouth so now I love you? Wtf?]

If the Anime Gods love me, there will be a second seaon of this, or even better it turns out the information that there'd be only 12 this season is actually wrong.
David.Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:48 am Reply with quote
I hope they love you too Blood- , because I too would love a second season. Despite the fan service, I have really enjoyed this show. Personally I'm rooting for Ayumi to end up with Misao but its a long shot at best. Why does it seem that certain shows never get the kind of audience appreciation they deserve (Hatsukoi Limited, Cross Game, etc) but others get all the glory while not really deserving it *cough*K-On*cough*
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:26 am Reply with quote
Dude, I so hear you about K-ON! I bitched about that series in the Eden of the East thread when some jambonie had the temerity to rank K-YAWN higher than the sublime Eden of the East. Talk about having all your taste in your mouth.

Granted I've only seen the first two eppies of K-ON! but I found them very insipid and pedestrian. Maybe it starts to kick ass in later episodes, I dunno.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote
Ep. 11: Hahaha, I totally laughed at the end scene with spoiler[the boar race and poor Enomoto hanging out of the train.] Good times.

I also like how ep. 12 comes full circle, and it's time spoiler[for Arihara to answer the question. Personally, I think she's going to pick Misao. He has so much more personality, and I think she'll be like Enomoto and realize looks aren't everything.]

Arihara's brother though... wtf is he thinking?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:28 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:

I also like how ep. 12 comes full circle, and it's time spoiler[for Arihara to answer the question. Personally, I think she's going to pick Misao. He has so much more personality, and I think she'll be like Enomoto and realize looks aren't everything.]

I'd love for you to be right, but I don't think it's in the cards. The show hasn't really been giving any evidence that this is a possibility. I'm prepared to be pleasantly surprised, though.

eta: saw the final episode this morning and really liked it. spoiler[Finally, Enomoto realized and declared her true feelings for poor, perverted Kusuda.] Loved the resolution of that story.

I was all set to declare the creators of Hatsukoi Limited absolute geniuses when we saw Ayumi ring the doorbell at the Zaitsu family home...spoiler[and then the ED started. I thought to myself: "That's brilliant! They're leaving the ending ambiguous and we'll never know which of the Zaitsu boys she chose." It would have been a pretty ballsy ending, because it would have driven people who need every strand neatly tied up crazy, but I would have loved it.

Sadly, once the ED was over we saw that Aymi still has it for the blander, younger brother. Sigh. However, it is still a little ambiguous in that Mamoru never indicated what his feelings are and Ayumi seemed to leave the door open for Misao if things didn't work out.

Well, that's how I chose to interpret it anyway.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3