• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Moribito to Return to Adult Swim TV in Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:07 am Reply with quote
Quote:
ADV's Matt Greenfield indicates movement on proposed live-action Eva film
Mid-Atlantic ridge indicates movement, on the two plates causing the Alantic Ocean to widen, at a faster rate. Rolling Eyes
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
Shepperoni wrote:
As for the live-action movie, I just can't see that happening. Though if they do go through with it Hideaki Anno MUST be involved if it has hopes of doing any good.

From most analyses I've read, the fact that the pilots are children is an integral part of Evangelion. As I assume this wouldn't be the case for a live-action version, the end result would be a very different beast.

Maybe one of the planned scenes involved Asuka playing Duke Nukem Forever on her Sega Saturn.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kefkaownsall

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote
Well hopefully I can go enjoy Morobito as I missed out on it. As for the live action Eva movie, it would need to have a budget bigger than Transformers, Anno being directly involved, and that penguin to be good. It won't come out.
Oh and Duke Nukem Forever is officially dead.
Seras

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:28 am Reply with quote
wasn't the live action EVA movie a WETA pet project? how does ADV fit in?

WETA's probably the only production house with a shot at making a decent adaptation.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
bleuster wrote:
All we need is Case Closed to return and Adult Swim is back on it's track.

Hopefully that does happen. The show had intelligence and a plot. That is saying a lot considering what is on now and days. But at least Bleach is still on air, so at least I still have one show to watch.
Isamu*

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
bleuster wrote:

Hopefully that does happen. The show had intelligence and a plot. That is saying a lot considering what is on now and days. But at least Bleach is still on air, so at least I still have one show to watch.

Well for me, I really love Case Closed, saw the episodes in dub until 82, will watch more when I have the time to do so.

As for anime on Adult Swim, I watch every anime there is, I love watching stuff in front of a TV because it feel more better than on a computer. The anime called Big O is my least favorite anime from Adult Swim, its just too boring to watch, almost killed me watching it but it still kind of good in some ways.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
bleuster wrote:

I don't know if Case Closed returning is possible, the last I saw of it, it was airing on the Funimation Channel (and on their Colours TV block). Actually, all of Funimation's shows that once aired on Adult Swim except for Full Metal Alchemist seemed to have had their broadcast rights lapse and I don't really see them making an effort to get them back.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
sakuramusicstar wrote:
bleuster wrote:

That and Cartoon Network to show Naruto so we can finish and go on to Shippuden. Then things will be back on track, a little bit.

Cartoon Network elminated Toonami, Toonami Jetstream and removed most of their anime. Although Naruto was retively popular, CN is completely unpredictable now and days.

On another note, there is some Case Closed dvds on Netflix, but I have so many other series that I am watching that I just haven't had the time.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote
i was at the ADV Panel. I loved his wording "The closer the Eva movie gets to reality, the less I can say. I can't say anything." He wasn't even ASKED, he just said it.

And I won Tsukihime on DVD in the last round of Jan Ken Pon VS Tiffany Grant.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:21 pm Reply with quote
matrixdude124 wrote:
Thank God... I've been contemplating if I should start watching fansubs to finish the series... But now I don't have to.

This is great news. Bout time Adult Swim sorted out the whole Moribito mess. Smile

It wasn't their fault.They got the series when Geneon was still around but got only 10 when media blasters took over. You can't blame AS when the company went belly under. also there's also been some strain relationship between it's sister co CN and media blasters over not releasing all of Samuari X during it's toonami run and the sever edits.

Either way,i knew it would return.

Since CN and production IG (which in charge for Moribito & ghost in the shell: SAC & Blood Plus and who created the toonami original IGPX) have a rather decect relationship,i wasn't worried. Hopefully it'll return soon cause they'll be running out of new anime since code geass is ending in a month and there's no way it'll have new epsiodes of bleach for very long cause of the double epsiode schedule and the fact that the new season should've ended after the bount arc was over.

I woulde like to see it continue but that's wishful thinking.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hon'ya-chan

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Big Hed wrote:
Oh, and Transformers was a damn fine movie, minus the whore and the no-talent hack. An unfortunate blemish.

Fixed that for ya.

As for the Eva Lice-Action, didn't Tiffany grant seriously consider getting walk-in roles for herself??
Kylemakk

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Great to see [as] airing Moribito to the end this time. Now people will be able to see what a great show this is and, as previously mentioned in this thread, hopefully the other DVDs will be released soon. Cool
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
Judging from [AS]'s latest schedule update, which shows saturday up to july 4, we shouldn't expect Moribito to atleast what july 11 maybe? Sweet Blood+ and Moribito on the same night, score! Have they ever had two anime with a female lead role on the same night?
I wonder what they will drop to fit Moribito?

Doesn't Ghost In The Shell count? And they were airing Moribito and GITS on the same night last year before it got taken off in January, so yes, they have done that before. Plus we've got Blood+ rejoining the lineup tentatively in June, so that's 3! And I don't think that's been done before, unless you count reruns of something (Mori or GITS) that's already been aired last year!

So yeah, lovin' that FINALLY, Moribito will get continued! And from what I hear the series builds, and the last 16 episodes are a lot better than the first 10.

Last edited by LagannImpact on Mon May 11, 2009 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:43 am Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
I find it kinda odd that everyone is blaming Adult Swim for pulling Moribito off of the air. At the time they did this, they did not have much of a choice. Media Blasters did not have anything else ready for them past those first 10 episodes due to some licensing issues. What exactly were the the people at Adult Swim supposed to do, just keep airing those same 10 episodes over and over again? Now I'm not one to defend Adult Swim, considering some of the crap they've pulled in the past (like all those damned Futurama marathons when they found out they were losing it to Comedy Central). But really, this was Media Blasters fault more than it was Adult Swim. Really now, blaming Adult Swim for this makes about as much sense as blaming the Sci-Fi channel for Gundam 00 going on hiatus at the halfway point of its run.

Gundam 00 didn't go on hiatus...AT ALL! Unless you're counting from the transition from Season 1 to Season 2, which is understandable since Season 2 was still airing in Japan as of March! But Season 1 aired COMPLETELY UNINTERRUPTED 2 eps a week on Sci Fi from November 24 to February 9, and Groundhog Day (2/2) was even a 4-pack because they weren't sure what to do with the midnight hour!
irishninja

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
yes so many horrible adaptations, all one of them (or two if you didn't care for speedracer) were soooo horrible Rolling Eyes
Really people, get over yourselves, hollywood has barely done anything with live action anime films. With the way you all cry about it, the comic book fans would be water logged if they acted the same.

Forgive me for assuming, but I'm guessing your exposure to comic book movies is mostly limited to the generally good ones that came out in the past 10 years or so? Because before that, comic book adaptations were even more hit and miss (almost entirely miss) than today.

For about 50 years the comic book fans WERE "water logged," as you say, hoping for a good comic book movie, which I would argue was the original Superman in... what... 1980? (You can probably also justifiably argue that the original Batman from the 60s was also good in its campy way, because, you know, Bat-Shark-Repellant, but for now I'm going to go with Supes.) It wasn't until Tim Burton came along and re-did Batman, though, that I think comic book adaptations started to become truly good (and even then, there were a bunch of terrible movies after that, like all the other Batman movies from the 80s and 90s).

So I don't think there's so much a need for anime fans to "get over themselves," as you say, as for a visionary director or producer to step forward and provide us with a movie that embraces the soul of its source material and not just try to cash in on the name. I hold out hope that Leo DiCaprio is that person, with his forthcoming adaptations of Ninja Scroll and Akira. Like the comic book adaptations, we need someone to treat the source material like something adults can enjoy, and not as a childhood distraction best left to the kiddies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5