• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Slayers: Lina Inverse's sister?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rougesoul

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote
I have just finished watch a few seasons of slayers and each season Lina makes a few notes to her sister is the a season or a seires that you meet her and why is Lina so afraid of her she played a large role in the slayers Try season but you never meet her or get too much info other than Lina's family just wanted to see if any one out there had heard a more in depth Bio of her what kind of family did she have ??
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote
You never see her or hear more about her, unless she appears in Evolution-R or Revolution. I haven't seen the new series yet.

The only things we know are that she's more powerful than Lina, and that she is very busy with her part time job as a waitress.
Tachihito

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
She is on this weird OVA i seen a long time ago. I don't remember much though.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
You never see her or hear more about her, unless she appears in Evolution-R or Revolution. I haven't seen the new series yet.

The only things we know are that she's more powerful than Lina, and that she is very busy with her part time job as a waitress.
It happens again in Revolution and Evolution R.They mention Lina's sister (to which Lina begins flipping out) but they still never show her.

BTW No fan of Slayers should miss Revolution (1-12) and Evolution R (13-26).It continues on perfectly,and yes,it leaves a few questions unanswered.(Tradition) Very Happy
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Haven't seen you around in a while. Cool I am going to see the rest of the show, but I want to wait for the NA release. I just hope they get the original dub cast back.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:23 am Reply with quote
I'm a hardcore Hayashibara fan.Megumi is Lina through and through.

Even though I'm not a dub fan,I am all for whatever it takes to get it to R1.It's a must buy.I'll be there day one.

Did you start to watch it Derek? The subs became sort of difficult to find after the first couple episodes.The anonymous subber had to tiptoe around Funi.(though it was pretty obvious who subbed it)
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 1:51 am Reply with quote
Nah, I haven't seen any of it. I can't remember why I never started the subs, but if I had to guess it's because I was planning on downloading them all at once and marathoning, but Funi's announcement put the brakes on that. (By rest of the show, I meant franchise.)

I wish Tachihito would drop by and expand on this weird OVA. I've seen them all, and while I can't claim to have a perfect memory, I don't recall anything about Lina's sister in any of them.
wormraper

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:13 am Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
Nah, I haven't seen any of it. I can't remember why I never started the subs, but if I had to guess it's because I was planning on downloading them all at once and marathoning, but Funi's announcement put the brakes on that. (By rest of the show, I meant franchise.)

I wish Tachihito would drop by and expand on this weird OVA. I've seen them all, and while I can't claim to have a perfect memory, I don't recall anything about Lina's sister in any of them.

she was never in the OVA's, he's probably thinking about Naga.
zrdb

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Shadowrun20XX"]I'm a hardcore Hayashibara fan.Megumi is Lina through and through.

Even though I'm not a dub fan,I am all for whatever it takes to get it to R1.It's a must buy.I'll be there day one.

Did you start to watch it Derek? The subs became sort of difficult to find after the first couple episodes.The anonymous subber had to tiptoe around Funi.(though it was pretty obvious who subbed it)[uote]
I managed to find all of Rervolution and Evolution R-it kinda makes me wonder-has the Slayers franchise finally and forever been laid to rest? I still want more-seems like I can never get enough Lina Inverse.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 8:47 pm Reply with quote
Luna Inverse used to make Lina do grueling physical punishments whenever she would act up or misbehave, and when Lina set up a projector that showed Luna in the bath, it was that event that pretty much led to Lina going on her adventure, to avoid her sisters wrath.

Luna has a piece of Ceilphied (ruler of the dragons, mortal enemy of Ruby Eye Shabranigdo, supreme ruler of the Mazoku) inside her, making her at least as powerful as Xellos, who in turn is as powerful as Shabranigdo's 5 Demon Generals.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1