• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Report: Moribito to Return to Adult Swim TV in Summer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
BrothersElric wrote:
Wow, Adult Swim actually did something good for a change! Very Happy I'm very much so excited about this.

For the first time in a long time, Adult Swim actually brought back a show. This will please fans of this show. I've been watching AS since 2002 and this doesn't really happen often.

But as the Eva live action movie, ADV, please DON'T. There is already enough horriable adaptions of anime. If anything, release Eva (the tv series) on Blu Ray. That would actually be a much better idea.

yes so many horrible adaptations, all one of them (or two if you didn't care for speedracer) were soooo horrible Rolling Eyes
Really people, get over yourselves, hollywood has barely done anything with live action anime films. With the way you all cry about it, the comic book fans would be water logged if they acted the same.
taster of pork

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote
Yay Very Happy It really ticked me off when they stopped showing it right when I was getting into into.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought that AS would take the chance to drop Moribito and we'd never see it again. This is very good since so many want to see what will happen. I've had the DVDs in my Netflix queue for awhile now, but they are still listed as "unknown" so I wasn't sure when, or if, I'd get to see the rest.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Feels like a trap to me. I followed Moribito not once, but twice, on Adult Swim. First they stuck it in an obscenely late timeslot. Then they restarted it all over again at a more convenient one. Then they dropped it. Now I'm supposed to follow it all over again? It's CN's airing of Mobile Suit Gundam all over again. If they drop it again, for any reason, that's it with me and Adult Swim or CN. They're sadists.

As for a live-action Evangelion, I doubt it'll ever get done. If it does, though, here's a near perfect Pen Pen.

Last edited by penguintruth on Sat May 09, 2009 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:19 pm Reply with quote
The live-action Eva movie has clearly been a passion project for Matt Greenfield and the other guys of ADV, and I think it's somewhat admirable that they're still pursuing it even while their studio isn't at great a status as it used to be. If it ever does happen, I'll be interestested in seeing how it turns out.

And it's a good thing Moribito's coming back, hopefully this time in its full run. I'm collecting the DVD's, but not watching them because I'd rather watch the whole story in its full run. By waiting every other month I may well forget important story elements from before.
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Moribito's coming back! That news right there made my day. Very Happy

I love that show. I wonder which timeslot they'll put it in, though. Whichever one it is, I'll be watching it!
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Good news for Moribito, it's about time they did something to make it up to the fans of the show.

I'm completely indifferent to the Eva movie though, unless it turns out to be surprisingly good after everything has been said and done, which is extremely unlikely.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote
WindAlchemistJen wrote:

I love that show. I wonder which timeslot they'll put it in, though. Whichever one it is, I'll be watching it!

I'd guess that it will take the spot of Code Geass once that show finishes. Barring any more delays, it should finish in the summer.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Matt Greendfield: "We have news about the live action EVA movie!"
Fans: "Really? What is it?"
Matt Greenfield: "It's coming out the week after Duke Nukem Forever hits stores!"
Fans: ". . . ."

Yeah, I'm not holding my breath for EVA live-action.

I hope for those trying to follow the show on TV, the third time is the charm for Moribito but personally I'll just wait for a box set. I'm sick of being jerked around by CN and [adult swim]. Only thing I've watched on that network in many months was GI Joe Resolute.
joystick1101

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Judging from [AS]'s latest schedule update, which shows saturday up to july 4, we shouldn't expect Moribito to atleast what july 11 maybe? Sweet Blood+ and Moribito on the same night, score! Have they ever had two anime with a female lead role on the same night?
I wonder what they will drop to fit Moribito?
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The beef with ADV and EVA is less "oh muh gosh this will be TERRIBIBLE!" and more "you and what currency, ADV?"

It gives me the image of an athlete with a smashed leg yelling "Let me back in the game, coach! I can still play!" as they drag him off the field... poor, poor ADV.
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Greed1914 wrote:
WindAlchemistJen wrote:

I'd guess that it will take the spot of Code Geass once that show finishes. Barring any more delays, it should finish in the summer.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. It'll probably take at least one of Code Geass' slots once it finishes. Including the pair of episodes that air tonight, there are about 9 episodes left, so, yeah, they'll wait until Geass finishes, then stick Moribito in one of its slots.

It's really the most logical place. Then again, this is Adult Swim we're talking about.
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
I find it kinda odd that everyone is blaming Adult Swim for pulling Moribito off of the air. At the time they did this, they did not have much of a choice. Media Blasters did not have anything else ready for them past those first 10 episodes due to some licensing issues. What exactly were the the people at Adult Swim supposed to do, just keep airing those same 10 episodes over and over again? Now I'm not one to defend Adult Swim, considering some of the crap they've pulled in the past (like all those damned Futurama marathons when they found out they were losing it to Comedy Central). But really, this was Media Blasters fault more than it was Adult Swim. Really now, blaming Adult Swim for this makes about as much sense as blaming the Sci-Fi channel for Gundam 00 going on hiatus at the halfway point of its run.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
DFBTG

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Sweet. Moribito has been on my 'to watch list' for some time now, and reading the book(s) is only increasing my want to see the anime. I hope that [AS] doesn't botch this, or I'll be mad. I also hope that they don't put it on some obscene time slot. Code Geass is pushing it already.
rabrek

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:06 pm Reply with quote
joystick1101 wrote:
Judging from [AS]'s latest schedule update, which shows saturday up to july 4, we shouldn't expect Moribito to atleast what july 11 maybe?

Just a heads-up: AS has been known to change their broadcast schedule before updating the official online schedule. Been burned there before.

As pleased as I am to learn that Moribito is expected to return, I'll be checking Tivo listings and the AS forum for updates over and above the AS schedule. Though I've already seen the fansubs, so I may opt out of the AS cycle of disappointment and rage and stick with collecting the DVDs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5