• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Anime] Anime in Pakistan

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leader 190

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Hi guys and gals, I belong to Pakistan and live in the city of Karachi. In Pakistan there is no concept on majority level. Mostly people after seeing it consider a child cartoon. There is no Anime market. But some Anime are still aired on Pakistan's very own Cartoon Network. The ones currently aired are:
1. Dragon Ball Z
2. Poke'mon
3. Bakugan Battle Brawler
4. Naruto (Season 1 till 2 finished, rumors are for Season 3 & 4)

All of them dubbed in English language but how is Dragon Ball Z,Poke'mon and all the others distributed to Pakistan as FUNimation and VIZ MEDIA have distributed their work in North America???

Also Anime is available on DVDs in Pakistan but they are bootlegged ,pirated and fan subbed so no use spending money there even tough 1 DVD has 30 episodes for $1.

Thank You,
Leader 190
lllwtflll

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Hey,

I don't know of any anime distributors in Pakistan - somehow I doubt that there are any - but if you'd like to buy anime DVDs, your best bet would probably be to buy a region free DVD player and order DVDs online to be shipped to your address in Pakistan. You can easily get your hands on a region free DVD player if you order one online - they're really easy to find!

Hope this helps....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1