• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone know when any of the Inuyasha movies...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MissKaoru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when any of the Inu Yasha movies will be imported to the US?
I really must know. Its life and death man! Crying or Very sad
If you've seen any of them can you tell me if they're any good?
I just gotta know. *sob*

Just another overly obsessed Inuyasha fan.
Krystal
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Well MissKaoru, I've only heard that the 1st movie is, at least, being dubbed right now, and that the 2nd will possibly come out later this year.

I think the 1st may come out as early as this summer, and maybe... winter or late fall for the 2nd? Sorry, that's all I can guess.

As for the movies themselves, I've seen both (#1 -- "Love that Transcends Time" & #2 -- "Castle Beyond the Looking Glass.")

Movie 1 is OK, but I think they tried a little too hard to make it melodramatic. The animation is much more fluid than the TV series (of course,) and the music basically consists of remixes from the show. Not to mention, I didn't like the idea that the bad guy was:

spoiler[ A demon from ancient China. Kind of a chessy crossover of Asian demons, if you ask me.]

Overall though, it's OK.

Movie 2 was much better, in my opinion. The melodrama and emotion they were going for in the 1st movie was much better presented here. The artwork was slightly different from the usual designs, but it fit very well with mood of the story. I'd say it's much more romantic than many parts of the series, though still not as good as other anime titles.

Well, hope this helps, and I'm sure if you wait just a little longer, you'll eventually get to see them very soon. Wink
MissKaoru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote
*bows to Tony K.* Oh thank you so much! I totally love you for life! *hops for joy* Now all I gotta do is wait for summer and fall. And then my life will be complete. Um I didn't read your spoiler just for the simple fact that its a spoiler. But i'm kinda wondering what it is. So i think i'm just gonna go and read it now. I just hope that its not all that spoiling for me.
Well thanks again. I would hug you if i could. But sadly I can't. Oh well.
Luv
Krystal
aka Miss kaoru Wink

:Edit: The spoiler wasn't bad at all. I'm glad. Anime smallmouth *giggles with delight* Thanks again Mr.Tony K. Anime catgrin

Last edited by MissKaoru on Fri May 28, 2004 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sana

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:32 pm Reply with quote
yeah i have both even if they may be bootleged or not. There is supposed to be a third one coming out in Japan. I'm so eager for that one. I'm going to wait until inuyasha is complete to get the english episodes. Laughing
MissKaoru

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:56 pm Reply with quote
THERES A THIRD ONE!?!?!? Holy crap! Where in the world have i been!? Wow i gotta get out more. But if its just comming out in Japan then i gotta wait atleast a good year or two before it even comes to the US.
Sana

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
yes appearently still in works Very Happy. A friend of mine currently updates me on inuyasha. She's a fan herself. There is a third one don't know when its coming out Crying or Very sad oh well. It should be worth the wait. Cool
Sana

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:31 pm Reply with quote
http://diary.fc2.com/cgi-sys/ed.cgi/rin-chan/?Y=2003&M=10
talks about what the third movie is about.
I surf both yahoo japan and usa for anime. Works good except it has some japanese. The description is in english though. Very Happy
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Ahem, just so you Inu-Yasha fans know, the 3rd movie's been out since December 2003. You can even see trailers if you look it up in the Encyclopedia.

Basically, it's Inu-Yasha vs. Sesshoumaru vs. a guy who's trying to get some sword (can't remember what was so special about it Mad.) Anyway, they also delve into IY and Sesshoumaru's parents' past a little.

And I believe right now they're planning a 4th movie. Just wanted to let you 2 know. Wink
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Ahem, just so you Inu-Yasha fans know, the 3rd movie's been out since December 2003. You can even see trailers if you look it up in the Encyclopedia.

Basically, it's Inu-Yasha vs. Sesshoumaru vs. a guy who's trying to get some sword (can't remember what was so special about it Mad.) Anyway, they also delve into IY and Sesshoumaru's parents' past a little.

And I believe right now they're planning a 4th movie. Just wanted to let you 2 know. Wink

And the series is SUPPOSEDLY ending (sarcastic gasp) this winter!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:15 pm Reply with quote
The official movie site no longer has movie 3 trailers but now has one trailer for the new 4th IY movie. Some spoilers about the sword in the 3rd movie: Massive/major spoilers ahead spoiler[ Sou'unga powers are the following: reviving, whoever has is it is supposed to rule the world hence the name of the 3rd movie, and when Inuyasha has it he turns into his afflicted demon form with red eyes...]

The 4th IY movie is still unnamed by the way and there is one trailer of it in existence last time I checked.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Sana

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 7:38 pm Reply with quote
do you know where I can buy the third movie? Question
Nagisa

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sana wrote:

Can't. Not commercially available outside of Japan yet. Actually, I don't even think it's out on DVD in Japan, either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Vapors

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 2:00 am Reply with quote
I can't recall when I heard about this, but I thought that the first Inuyasha movie is going to be premiered at one of the cons. I think it was the Comic-Con, but again, I can't remember the details. It should see a release on video later this year though.
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quote
According to the new issue of anime insider the first Inu-Yasha movie just might be premiering in American theaters! But they will probably give it the same treatment as they did with the Cowboy Bebop movie and Spirited Away, with a release in only selected theaters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Depression

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Sana wrote:

I was able to find the movies at [EDIT - Bootleg URL. -C]
yet they are only subs but they are still great movies and worth buying Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2