• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blogger Reportedly to Be Paid for Posting about Natsu no Arashi

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuricon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
DomFortress wrote:
lThat's some nice reviews you've got on your blog site, Erica! Very Happy Even I find them to be enjoyable, when I'm not versed on the topic of Yuri.

Thanks. I appreciate it! It's a chore sometimes, it's a glory sometimes and I'd be so happy to do it for a living, really. Smile

Can I ask you for the stupidest favor? Apparently the link in my salutation violates the no-signature policy of the forums. I've edited it out of my original reply. Can you edit it out of your quote of my reply? I don't wish to alienate the admin. Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Erica
nicomorr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:25 pm Reply with quote
yuricon wrote:
It's no more of a conflict that receiving free copies for review and writing a reasonable review.
And btw, dear anime/manga companies, please feel free to offer me money to write about your series! lol
........... Erica Friedman

I always like yr posts (& blog) Ms Yuricon ....

I've been trying to explain the blogosphere to a 97 year-old uncle who has several published books to his credit. I sort of told him it was a 'logosphere' of transient nature but vast & epidemic proportions .... probably confused him even more.

As for trusting ..... how do we know who gets paid & for what? I'd rather read & make up my own mind from the context. Trying to deduce rules in the blogosphere is a no-brainer, it's far too fluid & fast-changing, the blogger you trust one day may have been suborned the next.

Could do with those .jp gift certificates tho ..... been lusting after an YKK artbook recently.

Regards,
Nico M
London UK
DomFortress

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:05 am Reply with quote
yuricon wrote:
DomFortress wrote:
lThat's some nice reviews you've got on your blog site, Erica! Very Happy Even I find them to be enjoyable, when I'm not versed on the topic of Yuri.

Thanks. I appreciate it! It's a chore sometimes, it's a glory sometimes and I'd be so happy to do it for a living, really. Smile

Can I ask you for the stupidest favor? Apparently the link in my salutation violates the no-signature policy of the forums. I've edited it out of my original reply. Can you edit it out of your quote of my reply? I don't wish to alienate the admin. Thanks so much.

Cheers,

Erica
Of course, anything for a fellow GSC & and Cutie Honey fan! Very Happy Guess I may not know it myself, but I can learn to appreciate a good Yuri story as long as it smells of gunpowder and dynamite. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2