• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Twilight Director Says She Has Not Heard of Anime Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
The_Libertarian_Otaku wrote:
If they're going to make a fuggin' Twilight anime, make it a Golgo 13 crossover. Just have gool ol' Duke Togo/Golgo 13 kill all the sparkly vampires (PROTIP: Vampires do NOT sparkle!) with his M-16, then have him do some snoo-snoo with Mary Sue a.k.a. Bella, only to kill her off later. GOODNIGHT, IRENE!

Geez, people, I'm always seeing comments like this, wanting to kill the main vampires simply because they "sparkle", and Bella due to her being a "Mary Sue" or whatever. If the author wanted them to sparkle, fine, its her work, she can do whatever she wants. If you think they "tarnished the name of vampires" due to how they are portrayed in the books/movie(s), just pretend Twilight does not exist.

Also, I know some of you people dont like Twilight, but isn't wanting to kill fictional characters a bit immature? Besides, its not like they would really be dead, since they dont exist in the first place.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Myaow wrote:
I'm personally kind of sick of Twilight and people going "EEW EEW EEW IT'S TWILIGHT EEW IT'S SO BAD" all the time

Because many haters can't grasp the fact they're just as annoying as the fantards with their bragging lol
We get it. Twilight sucks......BLAH BLAH BLAH etc

And I knew the dirctor's comment was a joke.
People take things too literal when it comes to anything Twilight-related xD
KendoGirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:06 pm Reply with quote
If there's no HP anime there will definitely not be a Twilight one.

The books are painful, even the lulzy birthing scene wasn't worth reading through all that garbage. Mad

Not to mention that the director quoted was SACKED from New moon because it didn't make enough money Laughing Fantards are constantly speculating anime versions because of the anime-styled drawings in the japanese book releases. If it does happen, I will consider becoming an hero.
se37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, I've had enough of Twilight crap... the series is way too over rated, just ask my sister who's wish is to have Twilight fan girls to be gone from the face of the earth. And yes, she is in the age group of Twilight. It's too much of it already. Becides, the only way I think this series would be made into an anime if the author really really wanted it too be made into one.

I know if my book ever gets as popular as Twilight or HP I would do an anime version more then live action but that's just me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
corinthian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
ani12 wrote:

If the author wanted them to sparkle, fine, its her work, she can do whatever she wants. If you think they "tarnished the name of vampires" due to how they are portrayed in the books/movie(s), just pretend Twilight does not exist.

Also, I know some of you people don't like Twilight, but isn't wanting to kill fictional characters a bit immature?[/b]

Tell me about it. Where are all the complaints about that Karin series with the vampire that gives blood? Or any series involving half-vampires? That's the thing about fiction; you can write it however you want. Sure, the sparkling is gimmicky and designed to appeal to girls, but how is it any worse than anything you might find in a cheesy shojo manga?

All the Twilight bashing is ridiculously immature. I don't intend to read it, it doesn't interest me, so I don't pay attention to it. It's kind of sad to see people go out of their way to bash something just because they don't like it, as if not liking it is somehow more valid than liking it.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:02 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was understood that those comments were a joke. Oh well guess some people got too excited and took it seriously Rolling Eyes
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:11 pm Reply with quote
It's not about the sparking. Twilight sends a terrible message to girls and it's scary to see them embracing this message "I want a man just like edward, he's so caring and protective (read: emotionally abusive, jealous and possessive) it's even worse when you look at the statistics of abusive relationships involving teenage girls. These are girls I know who talk like this too and there is nothing I can say or do to get it through their heads that that sort of thing is unhealthy.
Karin, Vampire Knight or most other shojo series people compare it to don't do that. As a matter of fact most of the Twilight fans I know don't like VK because they think the yuuki is selfish(oh the irony) and because the guys are too...well vampire like. I know one person who says she can't read Dracula because "She just can't see a vampire as a monster after Edward" Rolling Eyes She's reading Interview With a Vampire and still regards Twilight as a better piece of literature and dare I voice my opinion on the subject I get told that it's just a book and how could it be a bad influence and people like me have no faith in true love Rolling Eyes
foxia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Meh. I figured their would be no plans for an anime because right now the American studio's own the rights to produce the film adaptions and whatever extras they wanna add onto the franchise.

I'm doubtful an anime will ever be produced. Since it's a decision that Summit Entertainment would have to decide on. Stephenie Meyer being the orignal author can make a recomendation on it and can be brought in as a co-producer to decide on things that should or should not be in the anime.

But An anime would probably suck because american writers would be writing the scripts and storyboarding.

And we've seen all the mediocre efforts that American studio's have done to cash in on the anime craze (Lady Death, Highlander The Search for vengeance, Batman Gotham Knight, and The Animatrix.)

I'm sorry but it's no where near worth the effort to waste a japanese studio or an american studio's time and energy on another mediocre american/japanese joint anime effort unless serious time and energy is put into it on both studio's part.

Then again I'll be glad if one is never produced because I hate twilight with a passion. I hate it so much I burned the books and the DVD infront of a bunch of twilight fangirls to show my hatred for it.
ani12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:23 pm Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
It's not about the sparking. Twilight sends a terrible message to girls and it's scary to see them embracing this message "I want a man just like edward, he's so caring and protective (read: emotionally abusive, jealous and possessive) it's even worse when you look at the statistics of abusive relationships involving teenage girls. These are girls I know who talk like this too and there is nothing I can say or do to get it through their heads that that sort of thing is unhealthy.

I think commom sense, or lack thereof, is a factor there, too. In all seriousness, if she ends up in an abusice relationship, and can't figure that fact out, she needs outside help, whether she likes it or not.

As a matter of fact most of the Twilight fans I know don't like VK because they think the yuuki is selfish(oh the irony) and because the guys are too...well vampire like.

That....just sounds dumb. (Not what you said, what they said)

Last edited by ani12 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordRedhand

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Karin, Vampire Knight or most other shojo series people compare it to don't do that. As a matter of fact most of the Twilight fans I know don't like VK because they think the yuuki is selfish(oh the irony) and because the guys are too...well vampire like. I know one person who says she can't read Dracula because "She just can't see a vampire as a monster after Edward" Rolling Eyes She's reading Interview With a Vampire and still regards Twilight as a better piece of literature and dare I voice my opinion on the subject I get told that it's just a book and how could it be a bad influence and people like me have no faith in true love Rolling Eyes

Well from a Vampire/World of Darkness perspective the description for a vampire is that they don't create they destroy, they don't protect they corrupt, they don't love they pervert. So Edward's relationship description of emotionally abusive, jealous and possessive fits the general description of a vampire.

Now your friends probably are enamored with the "romance" of a vampire story, but simply put all vampires are all monstrous, so my advice? Read more Stoker and other Gothic Horror stories.

Last edited by LordRedhand on Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote
God I hope they won't do a a Twilight anthology ala Gotham Knight and Animatrix
bankai3232

Quote:
Hardwicke: Hey, I think there's going to be an anime version of this in Japan. So you will be an anime character

okay, that quote would make me think that she knows there is an anime especially when she says "So you will be an anime character" but she knows nothing of an anime adaption..no wonder she writes for high-schoolers.....fail!
Cloe

MetatronM wrote:
Person involved with Twilight franchise clueless, confused

News at 11

Best talkback comment all month, right here. You're awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:29 pm Reply with quote
If they haven't made a Harry Potter anime yet, i doubt this will ever happen. (But I hope it doesn't. I disliked twilight, the plot and execution of the book made me gag)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I don't think I could pay them to read much real, good vampire literature. This is a persona who looked a little upset one day and when I was what was wrong I was told "Nothing do I looked depressed? Really? Cool, I'm so dark!" literally that's what she said. I just walked away at that point. So maybe my hate for Twilight started because I met one too many of these people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5