• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
OT Looney Toons voice actor didn't take his happy pills

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:07 am Reply with quote
"...Greg Burson has been arrested by detectives after barricading himself inside his Los Angeles home for six hours. The 54-year-old cartoon actor - who provides the voices for children's favorites Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and Yogi Bear - screamed a stream of nonsensical words at cops who were alerted to his home after two women rang them claiming he was holding his roommate against her will. Armed Special Weapons And Tactics teams joined the stand-off which eventually ended when a seemingly inebriated Burson surrendered following hours of negotiations. Cops later discovered a collection of guns in his home. One officer says, "He was so drunk we couldn't tell if he was trying to do one of his voices or was just slurring his words." Officer Rudy Villarreal has confirmed all three women involved in the incident - who were unharmed - lived with Burson..."

Source: May 13 http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/#1
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 12:36 am Reply with quote
I wondered what caused him to do that, probably being drunk or something worse. I thought the title of this thread was most amusing and funny though. Burson was such a loose cannon waiting to go off, good thing no one was harmed or even killed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:20 am Reply with quote
A-b'dee-a-b'dee-a-b'dee-ah that's all folks!

...couldn't resist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah, except it wasn't Bob Bergen who voices Porky. Smile

Still, that was amusing anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:09 am Reply with quote
He's like the B-List Bugs Bunny. Joe Alaskey is the voice of Bugs in anything Warner cares a lot about.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 7:50 pm Reply with quote
Wow... let's hope that doesn't happen to Richard Hayworth, Steve Blum, Lex Lang, Johnny Yong Bosch, Sparky Thornton, or anyone else we know and love.

Except for this guy... http://animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=6289

I hope this happens to him... He's a bastard. Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Jinchuu wrote:
Wow... let's hope that doesn't happen to Richard Hayworth, Steve Blum, Lex Lang, Johnny Yong Bosch, Sparky Thornton, or anyone else we know and love.

Why do I get the mental image of Steve Blum holding a bottle of Jack Daniels, yelling at the cops:

"Vicious?! YOU THINK I'M VICIOUS?!?!?!"

Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1