• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Acquires Bamboo Blade, Druaga, Dragonaut

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:45 pm Reply with quote
So I might enjoy it if I don't go in expecting a mecha epic on the same plane as Escaflowne or RahXephon?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
So I might enjoy it if I don't go in expecting a mecha epic on the same plane as Escaflowne or RahXephon?

Er... set your standards WAY lower than that. I mean, way.

As we're discussing this show, I have to include my two favorite screencaps from this series. Neither of these are cropped. And they are both property of Funimation and GONZO, I make no claims, yadda yadda, if I violate any copyright, please remove the links:

I call this one "I see your schwartz is as big as mine!"
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/vashfanatic1/vlcsnap-533254-1.jpg

And this one is just... yeah.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j292/vashfanatic1/vlcsnap-1825495.jpg
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I like how my posts keep dissapearing, but no matter. I can't say I will buy any of these titles Funi just got.
The Count

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:57 pm Reply with quote
And this is why Funi might past Geneon as my favorite publisher(yes I know Geneon doesn't publish in th US anymore). They have a wide range of titles, good prices, and they release titles almost twice as fast as other companies. Also I'm one of the few who liked Dragonaut, at least a lot more than Romeo x Juliet. Now if I can get Rental Magica, Special A, Zombie Loan, Persona, Kurenai and Mnemosyne I'll be a happy nerd.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Forget those standards don't set yourself as low as Godannar. Don't set yourself as low as Gundam SEED Destiny... something that we would also be better off pretending didn't exist
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one that thinks that licensing Blassreiter and Druaga is stupid. I already paid to download them digitally. Why would I buy the DVD's?
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote
narutoismybrother wrote:
Am I the only one that thinks that licensing Blassreiter and Druaga is stupid. I already paid to download them digitally. Why would I buy the DVD's?

For the extras, the dub (if you're into that; I'm not), for possibly higher-quality video (I don't know what Crunchyroll offers), for not having to format DVDs to play in your DVD player on your own, for the pretty packaging...
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Forget those standards don't set yourself as low as Godannar. Don't set yourself as low as Gundam SEED Destiny... something that we would also be better off pretending didn't exist

Liked Godannar, liked SEED. Yawn. Rolling eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:03 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:

Godannar is a tribute to cheesy-awesome old mecha shows, and I have yet to watch it. It looked entertaining...but not in a "OMG IT'S SO AWFUL" way.
trandraskell

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
SongstressCela wrote:
Quote:

Liked Godannar, liked SEED. Yawn. Rolling eyes

Same with me like godannar and Seed,Dragonaut-for me it was the whole riding in dragons like mech was cool. I like relationship factor between the humans and dragons. Oh well everyone has their own tastes. I am sure that these people hating on Dragonaut may have shows that they like and maybe we hate.
ani12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:53 am Reply with quote
YES! Can't wait to see Bamboo Blade!
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote
Ok for the people that think they will like Dragonut go watch the first 5 minutes of the first episode, if you can get pass that then you are on Legend status. If you can watch more then 5 episodes then ill give you a Platinum Medal. Find a site that has all the episodes (I know one but don't know if I could post those sites here. *No, You Can't ~Zalis*) in closing Dragonut Fails Hard people that are saying it does is 100% right. listen to them then you won't look stupid when you pay for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
joshuafer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:36 am Reply with quote
All those series seem pretty interesting to me. Did Dragonaut suck or something ?
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:00 am Reply with quote
narutoismybrother wrote:
I already paid to download them digitally. Why would I buy the DVD's?

That seems like an error in judgment on your part.

None of these shows are School Days, or Kaiba. *yawn*
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:10 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Hope others come to the US like Strike Witches,Kodomo no Jikan,Shakugan no Shana 2 and movie,Zero no Tsukaima 2 and 3 and it's OVA. Not to mentioned Nanoha Strikers as well as it's Movie.

In your wildest dreams Laughing

Wasn't Dragonaut the one that everybody was complaining about where the girls all had big breasts? I could've sworn that that series came up in a certain subject thread in the anime forum.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 17