• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2 Hits From Naoki Urasawa

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
animatum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm Reply with quote
So in a week 1/2 both 20th Century Boys and Pluto by Naoki Urasawa will hit store shelves. Excited? I am, but just one question. I notice they are both rated OT, does that mean they are just as adult as Monster? (as far as nudity/sexual themes are concerned?)
flawful

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm Reply with quote
20th Century Boys has the occasional drugs, gambling, nudity like Monster, but I don't think there was anthing at all objectionable in Pluto. The general tone of both works might be a bit lighter then that of Monster, but they're still pretty similar.
jbyspieg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:54 pm Reply with quote
animatum wrote:
So in a week 1/2 both 20th Century Boys and Pluto by Naoki Urasawa will hit store shelves. Excited? I am, but just one question. I notice they are both rated OT, does that mean they are just as adult as Monster? (as far as nudity/sexual themes are concerned?)
Monster is intellectually dark and complex, but sexual content is implied rather than explicit and violence is not glorified or overdone. The operating room shows more blood than any of the crime scenes. If it was a movie it wd be rated PG-13. I'm really looking forward to Pluto.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:19 am Reply with quote
I love 20th Century Boys. It's become my favorite manga. I'm really looking forward to collecting Viz's release.

Friend compels you to buy it!

There are some "adult themes", for sure, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:58 am Reply with quote
I'm holding off on Pluto for now, but 20th Century Boys' plot interested me (the movie trailer helped too, hope they get licensed), so I'll be picking up the first volume this month.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1