• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:01 pm Reply with quote
BES Null Core wrote:

As far as I know, Multi of To Heart was the first anime character to sport green hair and robot antennae, but as you can see, C.C.'s design is much closer to Chachamaru's than Multi's.

What he said. Although if memory serves, All Purpose Cultural Catgirl Nuku Nuku had those same ear-things...

Also #2, Multi was apparently something of a mascot in her day, and showed up in a number of anime...
Delement

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
[quote="freezespell"]Before I start talking about this week's episode, I have to speak up on something. Somehow, I don't quite get this whole Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3, etc. When I think of that and say it out loud, for a split second, it makes me think more about NASCAR instead of this show since I hear a lot about drivers coming out of Turn 4 during a race. I would like to think that someone on the creative team is a big racing fan to call the episodes "turns" for this season. Now that we're at Turn 5, we're coming up on road course territory.

its not turns like nascar, its turns like chess, where lelouch is the black king and the brittanian king is the white king, hence the black knights and the knights of rounds
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Delement wrote:
freezespell wrote:
Before I start talking about this week's episode, I have to speak up on something. Somehow, I don't quite get this whole Turn 1, Turn 2, Turn 3, etc. When I think of that and say it out loud, for a split second, it makes me think more about NASCAR instead of this show since I hear a lot about drivers coming out of Turn 4 during a race. I would like to think that someone on the creative team is a big racing fan to call the episodes "turns" for this season. Now that we're at Turn 5, we're coming up on road course territory.

its not turns like nascar, its turns like chess, where lelouch is the black king and the brittanian king is the white king, hence the black knights and the knights of rounds

And the fact that the female characters are incredibly relevent to the plotline.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quote
Fun ep, although it is a bit ridiculously convenient that they happened to have a spare arm loaded into a launch tube (although I suppose that I can buy it given that it also happened to be an upgrade to the original).They sure do know how to lose knightmares though, huh? They tend to go through at least half or more of them per battle. They go through knightmares almost as fast as Setsuna in 00 goes through shields and swords. Wink
braves

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this definitely was one of the most action-packed episodes of Code Geass.

spoiler[I wonder what Rolo will do now that Lelouch seems to have forgotten all about him and placed his attention on Nunally. He'll probably flip back to the other side.]

spoiler[Also, they didn't explain what happen with Velletta. Guess we'll know by the next episode. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, that's funny, that new episode is not on Adult Swim's website. Maybe they forgot to update it. In any case, i can't wait to see those spoiler[mecha battles in the English dub including Anya's Gundam Virtue, I mean Knightmare Mordred! Surprised

And of course, Kallen's Guren getting the upgrades!]
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I imagine that Rolo would spoiler[go through a bitchy jealous phase, but Lelouche should be able to calm him down, that even with a sister they're still brothers, and now Rolo will have a sister too!]

And as for Villetta, I just sort of assumed she spoiler[went along with their blackmail and became a double agent, doing whatever the empire wants, except for letting them know that Lelouche is Zero, which is why nobody's told Suzaku yet.

And apparently between them they can brainwash or kill any flunkies that get wise.]
r3a93r

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quote
wow you guys have some funny and intresting theories. i however have already seen the whole thing but still i won't spoil it for anyone who has not seen it. i just wanted to say that all of you will like the ending if you don't know already. if your like me you will like it anyway.

(>'_')> r3a93r <('_'<)

Last edited by r3a93r on Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
emory

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Hmm, that's funny, that new episode is not on Adult Swim's website. Maybe they forgot to update it. In any case, i can't wait to see those spoiler[mecha battles in the English dub including Anya's Gundam Virtue, I mean Knightmare Mordred! Surprised

And of course, Kallen's Guren getting the upgrades!]

As of this week, Adult Swim will no longer premiere shows on their website before they air. In Geass' case, it will premiere online every Wednesday. Also, they will no longer remove shows.

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/video/index.html

Every show in a colored tile you see there will stay up on the website permanently. Or until the rights expire.
daedelus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 5:41 am Reply with quote
emory wrote:
As of this week, Adult Swim will no longer premiere shows on their website before they air. In Geass' case, it will premiere online every Wednesday.

That makes better sense to me. Seeing as how Saturdays are always so ratings starved, I never understood why they offered the new eps online the day before they aired on TV.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote
New episodes scheduled starting tonight, 2AM. Just a friendly reminder.
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:18 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:
New episodes scheduled starting tonight, 2AM. Just a friendly reminder.

Yes, I've been looking forward to this day for the past month or so. I was pissed at how they just left us hanging after that last episode. It's starting to get crazy again and then [as] is like 'we're taking a brake now'. I was mad.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I think the company that is dubbing the anime requested for Adult Swim to take the three week hiatus, but I'm not totally sure. Considering they started on season 2 of Code Geass only a week after ended in Japan, I don't blame them for needing one. At the least, it wasn't the long drawn out break that Bleach took from October of '07 'til March of '08.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Mushi-Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:03 pm Reply with quote
LuckySeven wrote:
I think the company that is dubbing the anime requested for Adult Swim to take the three week hiatus, but I'm not totally sure. Considering they started on season 2 of Code Geass only a week after ended in Japan, I don't blame them for needing one. At the least, it wasn't the long drawn out break that Bleach took from October of '07 'til March of '08.

I think that Bleach had a break because adult swim had to get the rights to some more episodes, that happened all the time when they were getting Inuyasha and (i think) Full Metal Alchemist. But I think your right, that's the only real reason that i could think of.
daedelus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:24 am Reply with quote
http://animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-12-17/code-geass-r2-to-take-three-week-break-on-adult-swim

Yep, no fault of [as].

It was a welcome sight seeing a new ep tonight. I wonder what Zero's plan is now?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 45 of 60