• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Digimon

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kozumi330214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:31 am Reply with quote
Here you can talk about many stuffs here. If you like any season of digimon, then you can talk about it here. Have fun!!! Cool
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:39 am Reply with quote
Damn, yo, I think Digimon is pretty much old hat most places. I enjoyed watching while I was in school (I think early high school maybe, can't remember how long ago it started). It was a pretty nice change of pace from what else was on tv at the time. I have no hate against it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again today since its pretty much kiddy fare.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:15 am Reply with quote
vague subject but i think that digimon is much better than pokemon, but the studios just HADF to make soooo much $$$ out of it and extended its lifespan far too long it and like pokemon just got a bit boring and repetitive so i havenbt seen the new ones
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:52 am Reply with quote
Digimon Tamers was definetely the best Digimon series (in a subjective case of course). Here are my reasons:

http://shoujo-aiheavens.com/viewtopic.php?t=2533&start=15
kozumi330214

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:00 am Reply with quote
I knever knew that they had Digimon long ago? Is there? I thought it just started since 1999? Does it? Question Cool
Freddy C

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 11:01 am Reply with quote
yea digimon is quite new, but 1999 is still quite old, that's now 4 and a half yrs from now. and it did drag on a lot, it should have just stayed a 3 series anime max i think. because beyond that, it's just the same old fights over and over again, just with different enemies.
Nihoxdria

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:51 pm Reply with quote
The series really wasn't that great. I will agree that in many ways it outranks Pokemon, but not much. In my opinion (though I know there are those who will highly disagree) both are a waste.

Last edited by Nihoxdria on Wed Apr 28, 2004 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fandrez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I actually sorta liked Digimon. I mean, I liked it over pokemon (note that I'm still in 8th grade) and I like the story I guess. I just wanna make sure, but there are only 4 series to Digimon right, I don't know the names of them but there are 4 I'm pretty sure.... Confused
jsyxx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Digimon outranks Pokemon, because it actually had story lines. Pokemon was just the same crap every episode forever. There was probably lots of repetition in Digimon aswell, but atleast it was working twards some sort of climax.
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Freddy C wrote:
yea digimon is quite new, but 1999 is still quite old, that's now 4 and a half yrs from now. and it did drag on a lot, it should have just stayed a 3 series anime max i think. because beyond that, it's just the same old fights over and over again, just with different enemies.

Once you think about it, 4 1/2 years really isn't that long, now stuff that came out in the 70s, you could say is old, but, that's still pretty new for a series.

But, Digimon was a pretty nice change of pace the first season. It wasn't like Pokemon (despite the "mon" part of the name Anime catgrin + sweatdrop ) and it just stood out. Second season was kind of iffy, but, still kept up it's same coolness of the first season. When season three came out, it was kind of bad in my opinion, as far as I know (I lost interest in it after a while), they didn't travel to the Digital world.

Has anyone see the fourth season and is it any good? Neutral
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I tried to watch the 4th season, but it became bad as second season. Confused
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Captain Jack Sparrow wrote:
But, Digimon was a pretty nice change of pace the first season. It wasn't like Pokemon (despite the "mon" part of the name Anime catgrin + sweatdrop ) and it just stood out. Second season was kind of iffy, but, still kept up it's same coolness of the first season. When season three came out, it was kind of bad in my opinion, as far as I know (I lost interest in it after a while), they didn't travel to the Digital world.

Has anyone see the fourth season and is it any good? Neutral

I can't believe people still watch this show, but I'll still put my two cents. I actually hated the 2nd season because it was a bit repetitive of the 1st one. I like the 3rd one since spoiler[they treated Digimon like a game] and it was something you could relate to. And didn't they go to the Digital World? I know it was a bit different, but it still had Digimon and an evil overlord.

I also like the 1st season since it was the 1st season Razz . But the 4th was pretty cool since they left the mon/human friendship and went straight to the point.
ShellBullet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:21 pm Reply with quote
I seem to remember saying pretty much the same thing about 6 months ago, but as I'm too lazy to look it up now I will reiterate. Yes, digimon was better than Pokemon, on a relative scale, although personally I liked Pokemon more. The third season (of digimon) was far and away the best one, it was the only one that managed to hold my attention for longer than one episode. There was a fourth season? Who knew?
Fandrez

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, they went to the Digital world in season 3 (I watched most of what I could). As for the 4th season, that was alright compaired to the other, but all the seasons worked to a goal you could say. All of the season, however, had and EVIL overlord that wanted to take over a world, Digital or Real.
Fenrir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
See it uncut subbed. It's about 50 million times better than the crap that was released on American TV. Make me want to puke.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3