• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf's Rain on [Adult Swim]

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Empyrical

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:40 am Reply with quote
So, Wolf's Rain just completed episode 1 on AS. I thought it was awesome. Kira's voice was DEAD ON, and Tsume's was quite nice as well. In fact, the entire voice cast rocked (except Hige; his voice was too childish). I do believe it aired unedited (besides what language may appear in the DVDs), so that is good.

I do wish they would have showed the OP...Sad

Edit: You know what's actually kind of funny: The VA for Quent in Japan was the same VA for Jet from Cowboy Bebop, and the english VA for Quent was also the english VA for Jet. Kind of kooky.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:03 am Reply with quote
This was the first time I saw Wolf's Rain so I was very pleased! Surprised
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:07 am Reply with quote
I was a bit wary of this series going into it, as I had heard several varying opinions on it from "excellent" to "awful." Having now seen the first episode though, I'm quite impressed. It's got a nice presentation, well-written, excellently dubbed, and I really like the concept.

Definitely one I'll be sticking with.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:44 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I've never seen Wolf's Rain until tonight, but as far as dubs go, I think this one is excellent. It's a sharp-looking series...looking forward to episode 2.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:45 am Reply with quote
WOW! wasn't any major edits from what i can tell, they must be getting more lenient(sp?)

my only big complaint is they cut the outro. i mean it's freaking saturday! what reason is there to continue with this practice?
Toboe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:47 am Reply with quote
Empyrical wrote:
So, Wolf's Rain just completed episode 1 on AS. I thought it was awesome. Kira's voice was DEAD ON, and Tsume's was quite nice as well. In fact, the entire voice cast rocked (except Hige; his voice was too childish). I do believe it aired unedited (besides what language may appear in the DVDs), so that is good.

I do wish they would have showed the OP...Sad

Edit: You know what's actually kind of funny: The VA for Quent in Japan was the same VA for Jet from Cowboy Bebop, and the english VA for Quent was also the english VA for Jet. Kind of kooky.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. Hige's voice was too lilting and childlike, but everyone else was fantastic. I love the guy doing Quent. I didn't care for Hubb too much, but one bad apple doesn't spoil the whole thing.

I do wish they'd show the opening. I realize there isn't time for it, but with this show, the final shot of the entire series is important since it connects to the opening credit sequence.
Cassandra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:07 am Reply with quote
I thought Tsume's voice was too deep for the character. But I thought Hige's fit the character.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Swordfish_II

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:27 am Reply with quote
Toboe wrote:
I realize there isn't time for it,

Its funny cause everyone keeps saying that the running time of the show is now too short without the OP and full ED by about 2 and a half minutes.
Animefreak08

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
The dub sounded awesome I just hope they don't go for all the commercial breaks next episode. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Tiresias

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait until they bring Darcia in, though it might be kinda weird to hear Shishio/Spike whenever he talks.
Empyrical

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Tiresias wrote:
I can't wait until they bring Darcia in, though it might be kinda weird to hear Shishio/Spike whenever he talks.

Weird? No way. Steven Blum's voice always sounds cool, no matter who he's doing. Smile
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Empyrical wrote:
Tiresias wrote:

Weird? No way. Steven Blum's voice always sounds cool, no matter who he's doing. Smile

Steven Blum is the man! He's so cool! And from the looks of the character, his voice would be perfect for it. Anime catgrin

And not to mention the whole series is too cool, definately something I'm going to be investing in in the near future. Cool
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Empyrical wrote:

Are you sure about that? I was waiting for him to talk to see if it was Beau/John Billingslea and I didn't think it was. I thought it would be cool if it was though.

The Encyclopedia says its Tom Wyner.
azzmoneky

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:32 am Reply with quote
i liked it thought dub was good. i read what this site has about the show i did not think it would be good i was wrong it was very good i liked how it looked

i bet they will probaly edit it more next time because the blood you think cartoon network would have cut that part out im glad they didn't

very very good show

also if he just looks like a person he has no real hands how dose he carey that box

Last edited by azzmoneky on Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
arxane

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:21 pm Reply with quote
azzmoneky wrote:
i bet they will prob edit it more next time bevause the blood ud think cn would have cut that part out im glad they didn't

...or...Adult Swim is getting more lenient with its editing standards, perhaps?

Remember: if people expect things to be edited, they very well could be. It's happened to several shows in the past. So let's not talk about possible edits, yah?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2