• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
So, new anime, where do I go?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bloodwashbroken

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Hey everyone, I've recently run out of anime to watch and I'm hoping for some suggestions, nothing too erotic or violent just something with an awesome lengthy storyline, that makes sense.

thanks.
madmangohan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:10 am Reply with quote
Well firstly, what do you have already, and is there anything around that has caught your interests lately?
ZeroAE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quote
cutting out erotica and also violence, i dont think there aren't lengthy storylines like that hahaha....

and what do you consider Lengthy ?
26 eps or 52eps.. or longer???
bloodwashbroken

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quote
haha, both good questions... well, I have a pretty limited supply right now, cause I tried to sample everything, and have no money. But currently, I have watched Gundam Wing, Devil May Cry 12 episode series (hence why I want a lengthy series), Full Metal Alchemist series and movie and I sat half way through Ninja Scrolls, but the hentai turned me way off it. I hear the series is not as good as the movie action-wise but hey, no hentai. I watched Avatar: the Last Airbender too, but I hear that's not classified as real anime? One Piece and Dragon Ball Z are givens, everyone has seen them and I'm no exception, so, yeah, that's all I can think of for the moment.
Ardlien

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quote
Monster has a quality storyline that goes for a while, though there is some quite nasty violence here and there (a torture scene).
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop or Samurai Champloo, both are excellent series with violence, humour and great characters.
Anime Hero25

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I like amine a lot but I can't find any and the one's I'm after are adult rated that's not Fair that I can't go to Tokyo because I'm under age Adult have all the fun. : Sad Sad Sad
wolvie89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:58 pm Reply with quote
bloodwashbroken wrote:
Hey everyone, I've recently run out of anime to watch and I'm hoping for some suggestions, nothing too erotic or violent just something with an awesome lengthy storyline, that makes sense.

thanks.

Have you tried Bleach? Its really lenghty and the humour is really similar to FMA
Sythean

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote
Ah... Hitman Reborn maybe, it's humours with some action in it, the series is still continuing so it's quite lengthy.

GunxSword isn't too bad. There's some fanservice in there but nothing bad. Witch Hunter Robin, no fanservice there, but not a lot of humour (if any)...

That's all I can think of offhand.
SyukriAiko

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:42 am Reply with quote
what new in anime now huh Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1