• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone know the name of this anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joshua

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 12:02 pm Reply with quote
On a board I post at someone was looking for an anime title. The title was at least 10 to 15 years old. It had a martial artist that used a sword that collapsed into the plam of his hand. He thinks that it also had demons that are created from everyday objects. One of them came from a teddy bear. The sordsman fights the demons and he has some kind of scope that lets him see inside the demon. Anyone know what this title is?
Moridin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2002 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, that sounds like a couple possible Anime. However, I have trouble thinking that far back clearly. Do you remeber anything else? How many episodes? Was it a TV series, an OVA, a Movie? Just throw out every little detail you remeber about it and I'll try to help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number
Psycho Caterpie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Is that Ninja Scroll? I've never seen it, but I think that's what it is.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:12 pm Reply with quote
ermmm on the topic (sorry i dont know what your anime is) but there are two anime i wanted to ask the name of.

both are really old 10yrs maybe? ermm first one was about a boy that can swim in the sea and was an orphen, in the final few eps. he found a huge underwater city and a huge robot, oh1 there's also a jellyfish villian.

the second was very vague, but it had a evil puppet in it, you kow those puppet with no distinctive features just 'sausages' as limbs etc.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Psycho Caterpie wrote:
Is that Ninja Scroll? I've never seen it, but I think that's what it is.

I don't know what title this thread is trying to identify, but it is definately NOT Ninja Scroll.

I've seen that move probably 9 times now, and I know there isn't a teddy bear or any kind of happiness to be symbolized in that gore-fest. But nice try anyway.
sun007

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 12:31 am Reply with quote
Joshua wrote:
On a board I post at someone was looking for an anime title. The title was at least 10 to 15 years old. It had a martial artist that used a sword that collapsed into the plam of his hand. He thinks that it also had demons that are created from everyday objects. One of them came from a teddy bear. The sordsman fights the demons and he has some kind of scope that lets him see inside the demon. Anyone know what this title is?

Are you sure that's an anime? A demon from a teddy bear?
Innotech

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 1:56 pm Reply with quote
sounds a bit like X/1999. movie came out in 1996, has a character who conceals a sword but Im not sure if therre are objects turning into demons or anything.
Truthseeker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:15 am Reply with quote
I may be wrong, in fact I most likely am, but that second anime sounds a bit like Yu Yu Hakusho. There was a guy with a sword from hs hand in that I am pretty sure and he had a scope which could see demons inside of people and whatnot. Hmmm... Orphen was an orphan! Orphen is another anime, maybe it's the first one? There were some water episodes in that, I believe... just trying to help!!!
Alumight

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
hmm josh that might be demon city H, I dont remember it very well, saw it on scifi years ago.
Sakura no Miko

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 4:47 pm Reply with quote
To Joshua:
No, it can't be X/1999. Yousaid "he" had a sword come out of his hand, but the sword character in X is a girl. I'm sure there were no teddy bears in X anyway...
It reminds me vaugley of the third seasons of SM, what with the demons coming out of ordinary objects, but that can't be right, either...

To Freddy C. :
It sounds like an anime I heard of in Animerica or something...anime#1409 Is this it?

And the puppet...anime#629 and anime#62

This the best I can do...
Bossman156

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:00 am Reply with quote
I think it is (literal translation of chinese title translated from original Japanese title) Pheonix Prince. I saw it a good many years ago (the art work is sort of like Fist of the North Star, that kind of vintage) but we never got the original, only the Taiwanese dubbed version, thus the chinese title. I don't even know the original Japanese title, but I think that's the one. I know there's a Shinto Buddhist priest (wearing a blue cassock I remember, correct me if I'm wrong) who goes around battling these demons.
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:38 am Reply with quote
Freddy C wrote:
the second was very vague, but it had a evil puppet in it, you kow those puppet with no distinctive features just 'sausages' as limbs etc.

First of all, try to write good grammar, as it states in Teh Rules. And I think what you talking about could be Digimon, the 1st season (I think) because it had an Evil Puppetmon in it. Also there's a popular manga in Japan wich involves a guy who has a puppet that helps him react crime scenes, but he's not evil. I don't remember the name of it so I check and come back and edit.
Captain Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quote
God_of_Evil wrote:
Freddy C wrote:

First of all, try to write good grammar, as it states in Teh Rules. And I think what you talking about could be Digimon, the 1st season (I think) because it had an Evil Puppetmon in it. Also there's a popular manga in Japan wich involves a guy who has a puppet that helps him react crime scenes, but he's not evil. I don't remember the name of it so I check and come back and edit.

Puppetmon is from the first season, but, he didn't have 'sausages' as arms, he had normal wooden ones.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Freddy C wrote:

Sounds like the first episode of the second 3x3 Eyes OAV series.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1