• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
HELLSING SEASON 2

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yonnel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Is there goind to be a season 2 of HELLsing Question ....
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:15 pm Reply with quote
No. Studio GONZO would love to, but because they royally screwed up the ending, the holders of the original manga rights likely won't allow it. Not to mention the Millennium Arc (the one following the Valentine Bros.' attack) isn't finished, so the animators would still have an incomplete story to work from.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yonnel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Ya but rumor sais that season 2 is comming > ?

i trully hope that there is going to be a season 2 Sad
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:22 pm Reply with quote
yonnel wrote:
Ya but rumor sais that season 2 is comming > ?

Rumours usually lie.

Personally, I don't want to see the anime continued. They truly, gravely ruined the story with all that Incognito garbage. So much so that it'd be a miracle if they were able to get the show back on track and get back to the Millennium Arc. I say just stick to the manga, as it pretty much does everything from the anime a whole lot better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
yonnel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote
U must be right i guess i still hop ... Shocked
JustinSane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Geez... I don't know if it's just me but I'm getting tired of these Bastard 2, Berserk 2, and Hellsing 2 posts. If they were likely to make it then it would've already been made but that's the studios who made the amine's fault. If they would've waited for the manga to end then maybe people wouldn't be complaining about sequals or they could easily read the manga instead.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I hated the anime(one of the few where this is so), I'm actually going through hell on the TechTV boards for sadly being overly rude on the subject(just check the "What should I sell Hellsing for?" thread on the AU bigboard). Sigh, why do I put up with that forum. I always hear the mangas better, but I'd like to know how different Alucard is? He's part of the reason I despised the anime. If he's not like that in the manga and is actually likable and not some "I'm supposed to be really cool" loner, maybe I'll read it as I kinda liked Sir Integra(Mika Doi didn't hurt) and Victoria Seras. I just really hated Alucard and GONZO is not my favorite anime company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rozzer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote
But you forget that some people aren't as well informed as others. So instead of critizing the poster, all you have to say is "no".. But that's just a thought, I could be wrong.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Renaisance Otaku wrote:
Sigh, why do I put up with that forum.

That's why avoid large, official forums. They're...yeah...pretty godawful.

Renaisance Otaku wrote:
and GONZO is not my favorite anime company.

I wasn't to fond of GONZO after Hellsing, either. But Full Metal Panic! and Last EXILE redeemed them, in my eyes.

Rozzer wrote:
So instead of critizing the poster, all you have to say is "no".. But that's just a thought, I could be wrong.

Who was criticising yonnel? I'd say this is one of the more civilised threads in regards to this subject matter.
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I loved FMP, its my favorite by them. LE I didn't care for much, but that's due to hype(again, thanks AU), Alex Rowe(or at least CRispen Freeman as Alex Rowe, Alucard again) and a natural dislike to cg hybreds. I haven't seen much of it though, I'll try it again later maybe. I haven't been fond of GONZO since Blue Sub 6, my first experience with them. But let's not turn this thread into a CGI use debate, please.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Empyrical

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:24 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
I wasn't to fond of GONZO after Hellsing, either. But Full Metal Panic! and Last EXILE redeemed them, in my eyes.
...and then Bakuretsu Tenshi smacked them back down again (at least for now)...Wink
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Well, it does become a bit frustrating seeing these questions 2-3 times a month. With a just a little bit of searching, (rather than being lazy) just about anybody can actually search the archives of both ANN's prior news postings and forums to get the answer.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:36 pm Reply with quote
I love Hellsing, but that's just because I like anime with supernatural themes to 'em.

I also disliked the ending, in that you can't really continue off of it after:

spoiler[ Pretty much killing off everyone in the orginiazation.].

I thought the art and animation was pretty good. I kind of like the whole cel-shading and CGI mix, although the only other Gonzo series I've seen are Gate Keepers TV and OAV, so I guess I can't judge how "bad" Gonzo is.

The music is one of my favorite soundtracks, but I didn't care much too much for Mr. Freeman's rendition of Arucard.

I wouldn't mind a second season, but it looks like a 99.9% chance of a "no." Too bad, I'll just have get the manga someday... Rolling Eyes

And welcome to the forums Renaisance Otaku-san. Wink
yonnel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:03 pm Reply with quote
ya i must admit that the end was not really a end that we can continu easyli but ... in fact your right we got no proof. But i stilll hope so ...

hope it's what i can do
Sad
Renaisance Otaku

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...and then Bakuretsu Tenshi smacked them back down again (at least for now)...Wink

The verdicts still out on that in my case. Ohata has to do something
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2