• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Avoid CD4Sale.com like the plague!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
punkrawk

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad
I placed an order for some blank DVD cases on 05/13/03. They were offering 25 DVD cases for $13 with free S/H. I received my package on 05/15/03 but they sent me the wrong items. I called them and asked them to send me my products. The office manager told me she will send me a form to fill out to return the merchandise. I thought this was a waste of time but I politely did it and submitted the form. I called back to make sure they received it. No one could answer my questions and took my name and number. No one called me back. I finally called them again and the office manager was really rude and insulting. She wouldn't answer any of my questions or try to accomodate me by resending me my correct order. She said she would get to it later. I explained that this was the first and last order I will ever place with then and that I would let others know what type of serice I received. She said she didn't care what a bunch of anime freaks thought. Screw them! Avoid CD4Sale.com like the plague!
Mr Mania

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
She said she didn't care what a bunch of anime freaks thought.

How may I ask did she know you were an anime fan when you were buying blank DVD cases? Rolling Eyes
Ferquin

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 8:57 pm Reply with quote
And not to be nosy, but what are you going to be doing with those blank DVD cases?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Tiresias

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Actually, does anyone know where to get some good quality DVD Keepsake boxes? I need to get my hands on some because I've got a few DVD's that either came with the platic covering partially torn off or ripped and also a lot of them that have broken disc holders, you know that ones with like 15 little pieces of plastic in a circle and if more than 2 or 3 fall off the disc won't stay in place. I've actually got to repair a few discs from being scratched because they won't stay in place in the holder.
radicaledward

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 7:40 am Reply with quote
I've had the same problem and have had to replace DVD cases as well.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
And not to be nosy, but what are you going to be doing with those blank DVD cases?

i think that DVD cases are a waste of money to actually but, it's like buying a bottle to hold water in, why not just buy a drink then you get the bottle with it. DVD cases are everywhere these days, i have about 50+ cases lying about wasting space, i dont want to throw them away but they are taking up too much space.

on the topic of CD4Sale, i think by trying to tell people to avoid it and how unimaginably crap it is, you may have given it publicity and as the old saying goes 'any publicity is good publicity'

but i will certainly not visit there, i have much better online shops for DVD blanks etc
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I must be missing something here, because this topic was started Fri May 16, 2003 6:55 pm - in other words this is extreamly old news.

You should realy avoid digging up topics this old, unless you realy have something important to say - in which case you may just be better off starting a new tread. Also, digging for treads to post in to raise you post count is just dis-tasteful.
Freddy C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
radicaledward wrote:
I must be missing something here, because this topic was started Fri May 16, 2003 6:55 pm - in other words this is extreamly old news.

You should realy avoid digging up topics this old, unless you realy have something important to say - in which case you may just be better off starting a new tread. Also, digging for treads to post in to raise you post count is just dis-tasteful.

okay, i wasnt aware of this rule in this forum that you should revive old topics, and i was then informed by someone from this forum about it, as you can see in my reply, i actually had something relevant to say, im not just increasing my post count. now i know to creat a new thread if i want to talk about an old subject, which is fair enough, but to me it seems like a waste of space, because there will just be thread with the same name over and over again, but o well, it's the way this forum works
radicaledward

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote
It's true that you did have something to say - but in the case of this topic, it didn't really matter. As I have stated, the topic is old news, and even when it was 'new' news people weren't that interested in it.

Most of the time we don't have that many problems with reoccurring topics - they either get locked or it had been long enough that a new topic was warranted.

[edit: Freddy C was somewhat justified in his post, though not by much. However, ther'es no use taking up bandwidth arguing about it. -b]
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1