• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anyone on ANN with a large 'Collection'?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlayBoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:35 am Reply with quote
So who are the people on ANN with....say....25+ animes in their collections? I wanna check them out, see what you guys have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:40 am Reply with quote
Check out the "My Anime" lists...a lot of people have listed their anime collections.
PlayBoi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 2:43 am Reply with quote
No no Lianncoop I know about all that, just A LOT of people have like one item in their collections.

Edit: Aww nevermind Ill just look at them one by one Anime dazed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:11 am Reply with quote
Hmm... I know I do... I just haven't bothered to list it all. I probably have around 100-150 Anime DVD's easy. What is daunting is that as a shitajiki collector, I don't even want to think about creating a catalogue for those. I've got well over 500 of them, and the number is always growing. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:26 am Reply with quote
I've got like a few hundred titles collected over the years, amounting to over 1500 discs (both DVD and Video CD, and some very old VHS tapes, like Shirow's "Appleseed"). I've got an excel spread sheet somewhere with the titles listed but it's an outdated one so it doesn't list the ones I bought in the last year or so.

Quite a few titles I couldn't list as I don't know their names in english so I just left them unlisted.
the_soultaker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:04 am Reply with quote
Let's see, after i trashed all my VHS fansubs from waay back, my collection is well over 300 (and it's all DVDs) I'm somewhat fickle when it comes to selecting my anime. if i'm shelling out $20-30 of my hard earned dollar$ on a series/ova, it has to have a high replay value. I.E. good storyline/plot device,pacing of events and of course..ACTION!

(Hey, i was raised on Manga and Marvel comicswhen i was younger.)

There are those that i have previously overlooked and may considering a purchase.hmm...anime DVD discount. Wink
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 7:52 am Reply with quote
I'm on a safe set path this year, and intend to get back up to the 200 I once had

http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=tabletanime

Currently missing is Trigun, VHD Bloodlust R2 Special edition, Transformers R4 Set 1 (I dont consider it anime, but hell, I'l make an exception this time), and the R4 Macross set.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
PlayBoi wrote:
So who are the people on ANN with....say....25+ animes in their collections? I wanna check them out, see what you guys have.

My "MyAnime" collection is rather meager, but as of 2002-2003, I had ~$10k in my collection. It's probably up to $12k-13k now, assuming you count everything at MSRP.

Eva05 has more than me.

Chris Beveridge from AoDVD has more than both of us, I think.

And I don't like this sort of thread, so I'm locking it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1