• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are the forums in rush hour?

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:14 am Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone else noticed this, but have the forums seem busy these days. I mean, I only slept last night and this morning, there was about a page full of topics with new posts. I have to use the "mark all topics read" button so that I know where I'm at next time. Maybe it's just I'm not interested in ANN anymore, but I doubt it. If anyone else has noticed this please tell me Crying or Very sad , because it really annoys me!!
one3rd

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:18 am Reply with quote
It's one or two people bringing out every old thread in existence. It may seem busy, but the threads are from 2003.
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 10:58 am Reply with quote
I know that people bring back old topics (I remember some of them), but still there's alot of posts compared to before.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:09 pm Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
It's one or two people bringing out every old thread in existence.

And it's extremely annoying. Anyway, shouldn't this go in the "Bugs & Technical" forum....if indeed it really has a place or purpose anywhere?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Inu-Yasha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Well I made one new thread heh(I'm thinking of another one in the upcoming week). With new members and bringing back ancient threads this place is getting more replies. I hate it when this place gets stagnant and I rather have the forums in rush hour than being stagnant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Louie-kun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
one3rd wrote:
It's one or two people bringing out every old thread in existence.

And it's extremely annoying. Anyway, shouldn't this go in the "Bugs & Technical" forum....if indeed it really has a place or purpose anywhere?

I was wondering why there were all these threads I remembered seeing from a few months back. Maybe we should put a limit on what old threads we can bring back.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it could work similar to how Shoujo-ai.com seems to; threads that are inactive for a specific period of time are auto-locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I have no problem with seeing a thoughtful discussion brought back from the dead. It's just the annoying, meaningless ones coming back that annoy me.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Just to clear things up, I will admit to reviving a few, but only the ones I thought were worthwhile, like the one about "are the forums boring,' are you too old for anime,' and 'worst and favorite dubs."

I like the idea of finding some old threads, but when I logged in on Saturday, I noticed quite a few old (and to me, pointless) threads; mostly cosmo ones.

I apologize if the ones I revived seem too bad or unworthy of looking at. I try to keep in mind that if I revive an old thread to make sure it's actually something worth discussing, and not just something to act as filler for new people. I want this forum to be something worthwhile for the new and veteran members. So again, I apologize if this is all a result of my initial actions. Crying or Very sad
Proman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I don't see any problem with seeing old threads being revived. Would you rather people created a new thread with the same subject Rolling Eyes ? I mean, everyone has a right to post whenever he wants (as long as it's appropriate) and I don't think that all threads should be locked. It's just stupid. I'm happy to see some activity on those forums.
God_of_Evil, I'm sorry to hear that you are annoyed and all but I really think this is not the main reason why you're annoyed.
phoelixian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 5:15 pm Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
I have no problem with seeing a thoughtful discussion brought back from the dead. It's just the annoying, meaningless ones coming back that annoy me.

I agree with wolf. Besides, where's the gray area for when someone can revive a thread or not? Posters could just as easily get scorned when making a new topic only to have another member say "didn't we already have a thread like this before?"

As long as the thread's topic is furthered I don't see the problem.
God_of_Evil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Why is everyone saying that I don't like the fact that people are bringing old topics? All I'm saying is that ANN seemes to be more busy than usual these days and that it annoys me since I always hav to press mark all topics read everytime I come, wich didn't have to do before. Also there seems to be more people here now.
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 6:23 pm Reply with quote
God_of_Evil wrote:
All I'm saying is that ANN seemes to be more busy than usual these days and that it annoys me since I always hav to press mark all topics read everytime I come, wich didn't have to do before. Also there seems to be more people here now.

More people on ANN = good

Swallow your annoyance because an upward growth is usually seen as a good thing.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:01 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
God_of_Evil wrote:
All I'm saying is that ANN seemes to be more busy than usual these days and that it annoys me since I always hav to press mark all topics read everytime I come, wich didn't have to do before. Also there seems to be more people here now.

Swallow your annoyance because an upward growth is usually seen as a good thing.

Yes, it is. Have they switched to the new server yet? *had probs getting onto the forum earlier*
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
God_of_Evil wrote:

Agreed. For a while, the ANN boards had less frequent posts then a local board that I know (local as in a group of 20 or so friends).

I just hope the servers can handle them. That's just something that's annoyed me. =P
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3