• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Streams Free Ouran, School Rumble 2 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:31 am Reply with quote
Asrialys wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Asrialys wrote:

enurtsol wrote:
Actually, theme song dubbing seems to be a lost art. It used to be done a lot more in the 90's, especially by Pioneer (since they either own the songs already, or the Japanese owners weren't complaining/suing). Confused

Which shows were these? I don't own many of those old Pioneer shows beyond anything related to Tenchi Muyo, Cardcaptor Sakura, and Sailor Moon.

I can't think straight right now, but I recall Viz dubbing several Ranma songs, even as far as a group forming Doco USA (Doco was the Japanese group who sang the songs). Laughing

Oh...

I thought you were talking about Pioneer dubs...

Oh that. IIRC, Pioneer even released CDs (remember those days when there were anime CDs in Sam Goody's?) of their dub music like Pioneer Animation Best of Best soundtrack.
Beruda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
For some reason I couldn't play the 2nd ep. but I'll try again later. I'll have to reserve judgment on the dub until I see more episodes. I have to get used to hearing it in English. Right now all I can hear is the Japanese actors in my head.

I can say I certainly prefer the original songs.

B.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4