• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
BellosTheMighty wrote:

Ten bucks says he spends the rest of the series walking around in sunglasses. Future's so bright, baby. Anime smile

Minor spoiler spoiler[Contacts seem to work fine.]
freezespell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:54 pm Reply with quote
We may have had to wait two weeks for this episode but let me tell you, the wait was worth it! This episode was the best one so far. I was so wanting the relationship between spoiler[Euphie and Suzaku to develop a little more but I guess that's shot now.] But I feel very bad for Lelouch and what he has to do now at this point. It's something I would only wish on my worst enemies. I'm also wondering if Cornelia is going to try to stop Euphie or join her in this spoiler["Final Solution" of Area 11.]

Since the next episode will be the 23rd of this season, spoiler[it's safe to say that poor Euphie is a goner. Crying or Very sad ]
braves

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:30 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
Since the next episode will be the 23rd of this season, spoiler[it's safe to say that poor Euphie is a goner. Crying or Very sad ]

I don't think so. Remember when spoiler[Lelouch had a girl "geassed" to show for how long a person can under his control before it wears off? I'm guessing that in the next episode he'll know exactly how many days it is, and will just keep Euphie hostage until then.]

Anyways, I'm sure that somewhere on Youtube there's a horribly made AMV with this episode and the song Let The Bodies Hit The Floor. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:20 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
freezespell wrote:

I don't think so. Remember when spoiler[Lelouch had a girl "geassed" to show for how long a person can under his control before it wears off? I'm guessing that in the next episode he'll know exactly how many days it is, and will just keep Euphie hostage until then.]

There's some question about whether or not even that is the limit of how much control he would have. Remember, Euphie was struggling to resist him until he made direct eye contact, and Suzaku has also tried to resist it. It's not inconceivable that a person of sufficient strength of will could break out of the Geass.

Anyway, my theory as for Euphie is that Suzaku manages to snap her out of it with the kind of garbage inspiring monologue that always shows up in situations like this. After which, they go to ground and live on the lam for awhile. They may wind up laying low on a semi-permanent basis at Lelouche's place, or with some other established characters. She won't be able to betray Lelouche, since she knows his identity and obviously the plot can't allow it to become common knowledge, unless they're trying to change everything in season 2. It's possible Euphie will die in the ongoing melee instead, but I suspect not as this show has thus far been reluctant to kill off characters who aren't redshirts from the start- thinking on it, Clovis is the only one who's actually stayed dead, unless Mao is well and truly gone this time. If she does, though, expect Suzaku to swear revenge on Zero and go berserk whenever they meet from then on.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Just finally sat down and watched this episode and - damn. Damn damn damn. I did not expect this, even after seeing the episode title at the beginning. The reactions of all the key people - and Zero himself - were even exactly right, and watching the key scene was heartbreak in motion, as much because of spoiler[how it turns such a good-hearted character into a merciless killer as because of the actual slaughter]. The last shot of spoiler[Zero tearfully giving the order to find and kill Euphie] was perfect. Kudos to Sunrise for having the balls to pull off a twist like this and the skill to not make it feel hackneyed.

I have been considering what scene I might choose for my Scene of the Year award in my year-end wrap-up, and the climatic sequence in this episode is now one of my top candidates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
archaron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Just finally sat down and watched this episode and - damn. Damn damn damn. I did not expect this, even after seeing the episode title at the beginning. The reactions of all the key people - and Zero himself - were even exactly right, and watching the key scene was heartbreak in motion, as much because of spoiler[how it turns such a good-hearted character into a merciless killer as because of the actual slaughter]. The last shot of spoiler[Zero tearfully giving the order to find and kill Euphie] was perfect. Kudos to Sunrise for having the balls to pull off a twist like this and the skill to not make it feel hackneyed.

I have been considering what scene I might choose for my Scene of the Year award in my year-end wrap-up, and the climatic sequence in this episode is now one of my top candidates.

I doubt I will be forgetting that scene anytime soon. Of all the out comes that I had speculated to happen this did not even make the list. spoiler[If they do end up killing Euphie I think I will miss how she interacted with those around her. Oh well, it was an exciting episode to say the least. ]
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Cartoon Network was foolish to put Code Geass in the Death Slot. If they had instead placed it at a reasonable time, and then done some teaser ads, their ratings would have been substantial. Oh well; their loss.

So anyway, this is what those who have seen Code Geass before have been hinting at: a completely epic episode that dwarfs those that came before it. While it may be a tad contrived for my liking, I just love the subsequent execution (pun intended) of the story and action. To think, you lived your life ignorant of this incredible episode until just a few days ago.

I'm looking forward to how the eventual DVD review tries to handle the massive events in this episode (and the next) without giving away the spoilers to any poor uninitiated souls. Here is to hoping that Code Geass gets the recognition it deserves at the end-of-year wrap-up.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:24 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Cartoon Network was foolish to put Code Geass in the Death Slot. If they had instead placed it at a reasonable time, and then done some teaser ads, their ratings would have been substantial. Oh well; their loss.

Dude, we're over this. We've accepted it and we're watching the website stream now. And having a great time doing so, whether it jives with your woe is us mentality or not, okay? Your griping is boring.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:48 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Anyways, I'm sure that somewhere on Youtube there's a horribly made AMV with this episode and the song Let The Bodies Hit The Floor. Razz

Now that's just mean. Anime cry Accurate, but mean.

Anyways, I think this emoticon pretty much sums up this episode: (wth) Yeah..... Just shocking. And everything was going so well for everyone all the way up to that point. Though honestly with 3 episodes left I couldn't really see it going anywhere from that point, so in a way I think I can see what all the commotion is all about with it falling apart at the end. Those people obviously didn't last long enough to see this episode, because it was all leading to this event, and now I'm pretty darn well sure we know there's a possibility to go somewhere with what's going on right now. Wink Such a terrible, terrible disaster. Anime cry In fact to tell you the truth I was on the verge of crying when it all unfolded as well.

Without a doubt these are words that will forever be etched into my memory. Not only for how disturbing, but how actually pretty funny it was as well: spoiler["Excuse me everyone, I have one last favor to ask of you. Could you all please die?"] It's not so much what she says but how she says it......
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 23!

http://www.adultswim.com/video/?episodeID=8a2505951cdc9ec2011cde750b55000b

spoiler[- Euphie is DEAD who's shot by Zero. This now forces Suzaku to change his purpose.

- And speaking of Suzaku, he meets up with V.V. Does he now learn about the powers of Geass?

- The United States of Japan! Bwahahaha, wow! I still enjoyed that moment! Laughing

- Now comes the final decisive battle between The Brittanians and the Black Knights!]

You guys are fortunate of having NOT to wait an agonizing 5 months for episode 24!
Key

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
So anyway, this is what those who have seen Code Geass before have been hinting at: a completely epic episode that dwarfs those that came before it. While it may be a tad contrived for my liking, I just love the subsequent execution (pun intended) of the story and action. To think, you lived your life ignorant of this incredible episode until just a few days ago.

I'm looking forward to how the eventual DVD review tries to handle the massive events in this episode (and the next) without giving away the spoilers to any poor uninitiated souls. Here is to hoping that Code Geass gets the recognition it deserves at the end-of-year wrap-up.

Oh, don't get me wrong; this episode doesn't at all change my opinion of the series as a whole - i.e. entertaining in a cheesy, overblown dramatic way. It did pull off a rare and powerful stunt, and that will be recognized, but even if the last couple of episodes are blow-me-away good they probably won't elevate the series as a whole into an "amongst the year's best" consideration. (OTOH, I only have three likely contenders picked out so far. . .)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Oh, don't get me wrong; this episode doesn't at all change my opinion of the series as a whole - i.e. entertaining in a cheesy, overblown dramatic way. It did pull off a rare and powerful stunt, and that will be recognized, but even if the last couple of episodes are blow-me-away good they probably won't elevate the series as a whole into an "amongst the year's best" consideration. (OTOH, I only have three likely contenders picked out so far. . .)

You're killing me with those words. Yes, I may be a rabid fan, but I honestly thought that it would be liked by everyone.*

Ha ha ha.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
Well I finally got around to watching last weeks episode, and up to the point where IT happened I was seeing a ton of possibilities and directions to the plot. And I was actually looking forward to many of them as it seemed that this was heading toward brilliant territory. I am sad to say that I think it probably took the worst possible outcome. It is almost like the producers threw up their hands and said, "let there be blood"! Of course this was going to be an episode that was going to have it's twists and turns, and it certainly was a twist, but it felt more like a cop out than anything else.

But it was shocking so I guess that has got to count for something.

Anyway it is still a pretty decent show and it's a shame more people won't be able to watch it on TV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:37 pm Reply with quote
Wild ride of an episode. Did I see right at the end there, spoiler[all of British Tokyo was on some sort of stilt mechanism, and he blew them all so the whole thing collapsed on itself, or was that just millitary structures?] And I really worry about spoiler[amnesia chick, she was such a cute character. ] And poor Euphie and Suzaku. I wonder if he's spoiler[contracted] now. And apparently obsessed girl has completely lost it, which was ammusing, and the new princess is an adorable character.

Quote:

Well clearly nothing compares to Frontier, but it's a pretty interesting concept regardless.
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
And apparently obsessed girl has completely lost it, which was amusing, and the new princess is an adorable character.

Yeah, that was quite a little freak-out. Watch out for her, by the way: you may remember that a handful of episodes ago she experienced some geek-bonding with Lloyd over spoiler[how to build an atomic bomb.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 32 of 60