• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: He is My Master's Husband/Wife Creative Team Splits Up

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lost_Toys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Honestly, with a title like that and series that had underaged girls dress up in skimpy maid uniforms, who can blame his wife? There must be a connection somehow, but maybe not.

And she was the one who drew every single panel of what he concocted in written form. Why is more blame put on the writer, and not the artist, for the final content?

Kougeru wrote:
I'm suprised he was even married with a mind like that ...

Quote:
Love the manga/anime though Smile

Are we going for irony in these statements?
the_seventh_l

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
He isn't Her Master.

Smile

And with that comment, you win a nice shiny Internet Very Happy
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Question!

Would anyone happen to know if they got married before or after they started work on the series?
TJM

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quote
strahl wrote:
Is okay, he was the brains behind the project, as always, the women has to be replaced Laughing

Laughing
The Xenos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Now divorce usually isn't something to laugh at, but.. Ha! Good for her. I simply cannot imagine a husband telling his wife to draw this perverted male fantasy book. Why am I not surprised? I see the headline and think it's one of the most logical ones I've seen in a whole.

firedragon54738 wrote:
marriage dose not work any where

Wait, you expected a marriage with a guy like that to work? This is your example to show that marriage doesn't work? You might as well say that all manga is sexist misogynistic immature garbage using this as an example. Generalization is a lazy thing to do.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Looking at this Ishikei's site..yeah, I can see why he'd want to work with him/her...it should probably be a him, dude needs to keep it in his pants when he's working.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The Xenos wrote:
Now divorce usually isn't something to laugh at, but.. Ha! Good for her. I simply cannot imagine a husband telling his wife to draw this perverted male fantasy book. Why am I not surprised? I see the headline and think it's one of the most logical ones I've seen in a whole.

firedragon54738 wrote:
marriage dose not work any where

Wait, you expected a marriage with a guy like that to work? This is your example to show that marriage doesn't work? You might as well say that all manga is sexist misogynistic immature garbage using this as an example. Generalization is a lazy thing to do.

So are assumptions, and you seem to be the master of both.
Gamen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Why the assumption that they're divorce was over the manga, and that she didn't enjoy drawing it? It could also simply be that they began irritating the hell out of each other, and being that they work with each other they'd have difficulty getting time away from each other.
I mean, seriously, it's not as if there's a lack of female artists who enjoy drawing ecchi material.
stevek504

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Oronae wrote:
Well, having seen Ishikei's HiMM doujins I have to say that he is easily the best man for the job.

I agree; his work looks good. Ishikei's web site, and others that post reviews, are not suitable for the office or most homes. However, if toned down a lot I guess it could work.

After looking at Ishikei's web site I remembered reading something in the manga about Tsubaki (and Mattsuu) having trouble drawing large br***t, Ishikei goes too far the other way for me.

Seriously, divorce is sad news for everyone evolved. I wish them happiness.

I guess that means the writer is the owner of a series (property)? Since managa and anime are so visual, I would have thought the artist would be the owner.
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Gamen wrote:

I mean, seriously, it's not as if there's a lack of female artists who enjoy drawing ecchi material.

Female artists who actually like to draw ecchi? Never!

*coughCLAMPcough*

EDIT: And from what I've read here of this Ishikei dude... Nothx, find a different artist.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote
Quote:

In conclusion: keep your crappy "ironic misogyny" to yourself or enjoy the fresh minty flavor of a month-long ban

Just wonderin' - do you really ban people?
W-General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quote
OK I was originally fairly suspicious of the authenticity of this piece of news being from 2ch and all that, but it turns out that it's real. I took a look at the HiMM official website and visited the couple's blogs, while Tsubaki Asu hasn't said anything, Mattsu-'s blog did mention his divorce, and that he is looking for a way to get his own website (rather than the old HiMM site that he had shared with his ex-wife).

Anyway, I think Ishikei's art is fabulous. I've been looking at his art for a while now - it'd be great news for Mattsuu to have Ishikei draw it.
Oronae

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

There's a reason we don't have to put up with Malintex Terek anymore.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:

Repeatedly and with tremendous glee.
akari_house

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
It's a shame that the article only seems concerned with the fate of Mattsu and the manga staying under his control. Meanwhile, Tsubaki Asu has been doing some funny yuri stuff with Yuri Hime S lately (including most of its rather nice covers). I'm more curious what her plans are now.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3