• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chi's Sweet Home

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:13 am Reply with quote
so is anyone watching this?? i just got done with episode 28, still need to watch up to 32.

there is just something about it, the 2 to 2.5min episodes have enough story telling and things that go on as most 30min episodes.

the drawings are cute enough and its following the manga pretty good.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:48 pm Reply with quote
It's cute, and a little funny. The pet shop lady is practically a cat herself. I don't own a cat, but I know plenty of people who do. Plenty of opportunities for wierd situations.
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
that pet shop lady is funny.........there is just something about this series that i like, maybe its a nice change of pace
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
It reminds me a bit of Kappa no kaikata. Same casual storytelling style, same pointless but charming plot, same casual vulgarity.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
gibbage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Heh. When I saw the title, im thinking "Whooo! More Chobits!" Sad
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm not keeping up with it as much as the other new shows because one can easily watch 10 episodes in only 20 mins. Right now, I've completed up to episode 20 out of 104.

Chi is so adorable and I can't help but love her silly antics. I like the family, too. Though I still can't seem to figure out how I want to rate the series. Maybe I'll just wait till I've seen all 100+ episodes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cool3865

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quote
yea i wait for about two weeks and then watch all 20 episodes.....the manga is just as good and its nice to know that so far they have been very faithful to it. like i said early its a nice change of pace from all of the anime that have been comming out this season
Brack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Love the manga, the visual storytelling is so good as to bypass any language barrier and the anime does a great job of building on that. None of the anime-only stories have seemed out of place.

The manga really needs licensing as it's got the potential for a much wider audience than just the "manga crowd".

Anyone know who is voicing spoiler[the big black cat] in the anime?
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
This show defines what cats are REALLY thinking about, and the cuteness is just... overwhelming >_>

By any chance though, does anyone know why some of the shows have been titled as 'Chi's Sweet News'? I have yet to figure that one out.
cool3865

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:55 pm Reply with quote
so i watched the new episodes and OMG its cuteness overflowing....

also if this is going by the manga then spoiler[im sure next week will be the intro to the big black cat.....]

this week was ep.37-40.........it is following the manga very closely and yes this needs to come to the US
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1