• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (TV) - dub.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porcupine

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I'm not saying that last week's broadcasts of Code Geass and Death Note weren't sped up. Maybe they were, just as you say. They were animating jerkily and that could be due to either stupidity or a speed-up, or both.

I was just saying that there is no need to speed up these shows because they DO easily fit within their time slots. So if they were sped up then Cartoon Network was being dumb.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Porcupine wrote:
Cartoon Network was being dumb.

you make it sound like that is an unlikely occurrence...
fokkusuhaundo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6: Yay! High school kids with too much time on their hands. Does this episode provide much needed comic relief and character development or is it an unnecessary serving of fluff? Also, more missing Pizza Hut logos. I can't stop picturing a tachikoma every time Nunnaly says something.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
Does this episode provide much needed comic relief and character development or is it an unnecessary serving of fluff?

I thought that it fell into the "fluff" category mid-way through the episode, but by the end I thought there was solid character development with Lelouch's character.

Also, the speech made by the Emperor was very well done. Kudos to Michael McConnohie for a very solid performance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
now that you've seen curlhead's speech I think you can all enjoy this
Dreaming Sky

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

Ha, I got a good laugh out of that. Very Happy

This episode was very entertaining, I now officially HAVE to buy the DVD when it comes out.
braves

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:07 pm Reply with quote
BladeDragoonZETA wrote:

LOL. Laughing

Going a bit off-topic here, but is the Code Geass manga any good?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quote
fokkusuhaundo wrote:
Episode 6: Yay! High school kids with too much time on their hands. Does this episode provide much needed comic relief and character development or is it an unnecessary serving of fluff?

There's character development in that it proves that Lelouch does, in fact, chase pussy. Unfortunately, the BL fangirls tend to ignore it entirely.
freezespell

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I've been keeping track of the series so far and I haven't gotten around to commenting on the series until now but this episode was pretty funny. During the cat chasing scene where everybody was trying to get the cat, I saw that the school had a football team. Two things come to mind.

1. the color of the team's uniforms could be a possible reference to Eyeshield 21 (another great series that I hope comes to Toonami very soon; I heard it was being licensed by Viz)

2. the possibility that football is becoming very popular in Japan.

There may be other reasons, but those are the only two that I can think of.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Freezespell remember that Britannia has occupied Japan and that they are the ones with a football team.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Freezespell remember that Britannia has occupied Japan and that they are the ones with a football team.

Yeah, although they don't play American football there either, they play soccer (international football), rugby, and cricket.
BladeDragoonZETA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:11 am Reply with quote
Ohoni wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, although they don't play American football there either, they play soccer (international football), rugby, and cricket.

The Britannian mainland is the US (Britain isn't even a part of the empire)
braves

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:09 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
1. the color of the team's uniforms could be a possible reference to Eyeshield 21 (another great series that I hope comes to Toonami very soon; I heard it was being licensed by Viz)

It was streamed on Toonami Jetstream, but it got taken off after 5 or so episodes.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quote
freezespell wrote:
2. the possibility that football is becoming very popular in Japan.

Noriaki Kinoshitaplayed 3 years in NFL Europe and helped his college team, Ritsumeikan University, win 2 national championships.
The NFL has played more exhibition games in Japan than any other country. So it must be popular in Japan.
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
That fancomic was better than the episode! Laughing

That episode was sort of unnecessary fluff, but I like kittycats, so I didn't mind. Lelouch got to use his Geass again, in keeping with the "use it at least once per episode" rule set so far, so they can make the animation a trademark like Digimon or something.

I have a question about Geass. Is it pronounced "Jeh-ahs" or the dub way "Gee-ahs"? All my Japanese friends pronounce it "Jeh-ahs," which is how I pronounced it until I heard Bosch call it something weird. Which is it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 60