• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Visual USA and Netflix.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I think Geneon was handling the distribution of BVU products, (I may be wrong) but it seems since Geneon stopped, new BVU discs haved ceased to show up on Netflix.

I was wondering if someone knows anything about this.

I understand what BVU is trying to do with their pricing, and if its good, I have paid their price in the past (Gunbusters).

Asking me to make a $400+ commitment on something like Haruka based on one streamed episode is a recipe for failure.

With Netflix, I could LEGALLY watch a show and make the same purchasing decision that someone who had caught the broadcast.

But recent episodes of Freedom, and Galaxy Angel Rune, as well as the Gunbuster movie have not shown up on Netflix.

Haruka is also not on their radar. I do not know what the problem is... The Netflix suggestion process wants an IMDB link, and for the BVU products, this is not easy to come by.

I will pay BVU's premium prices if I know the product is good (like both Gunbusters). But going blind? Not going to happen.

Gewürtztraminer
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:49 am Reply with quote
I believe that BVUSA is getting very limited distribution since even the monstrous amazon.com do not carry their post Geneon titles. TRSI has also gone over a year without a BVUSA studio sale, so I have given up on waiting for one and will settle for their pre-order discount.

BVUSA was also exempt from TRSI's (20%? I can't remember) almost everything on sale deal from December where I loaded up on older titles but has been included on the everything in stock sales.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1