• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Welcome to NHK ep. 24 ending question *spoilers*

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:38 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Hi guys, can someone tell me if the girl in yamazaki's picture that he's going to marry is the same girl he always loved, the anime voice actress? Also I found the ending very fitting with the whole contract thing since that was the turning point in the beginning for both misaki and satou. I look at the contract as a way of saying, we'll protect/look out for eachother for the rest of our lives, I saw it like a wedding contract in sorts kinda how in ep.23 she made the contract that she would always love sauto and never leave him, unfortunately that baka satou refused that one but the ending contract is similar in a way just not as blunt and more so on the vague side.
]
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quote
Well, this is quite the cosmic coincidence, as I just finished marathoning the second half of NHK not but 4 hours ago. I can tell you that they are not the same people.

Anime VA:

Farm Girl:

Different color eyes, and the hair thing that the VA always wears is absent. I'm pretty sure it isn't a mistake that they look similar though.
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you could be right, on the other hand it could be the same girl, her eyes might appear a different color but they're probally a lighter color because of the sunlight, they look like a lighter brown. Also her hair is very similar and the only reason I can think of why she doesn't have the hair clips is because she has more of a humble country side look as oppose to her flashy city girl look.
spoiler[Not to mention also when he hurts her feelings when he finally brings her to his room, later on in that episode when she's in the voice acting studio you can clearly see her thinking about him and she looks sad. Also when satou is reading the letter it looks like yamazaki is given the "V" for victory as if he's victorious for getting his dream girl as well as reading the subtitles where he says, "it seemd like she was intrested in me too" but that's just how I interpret it. Also check out episode 9 around 16:33 her eyes look light here as well because the sun is in them, my guess why sees wearing glasses in the pic is because she thought they were nerdy or that she was prettier without them but being around yamazaki he accepts her for who she is.]

Last edited by W0LF on Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lebowski

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
No it's another girl. spoiler[Yamazaki sends a letter in wich he mentions having a arranged marriage meeting, and he writes he liked the girl straight away. I'm pretty sure he even mentions that the girl on that picture is the one from the marriage interview.]
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, given how the story goes in NHK, I really can't see how it could possible be the same girl. spoiler[Yamazaki sabotaged that relationship beyond repair.] But it does make sense that they would look similar, since he was obsessed with the girl.
W0LF
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Yeahhhhh, (sigh) you guys are right I just watched that part again on episode 24 and he said something about miai which has to deal with possible arranged marriage. I didn't understand what he meant my first sitting through ep. 24 but I looked up online what a miai is and sure enough its just as you guys say. (sigh) Anime cry i really wanted the "first love" to work out, but I can't complain since the Misaki and Satou ending was just cake Anime smile]

Thanks for setting me straight guys!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1