• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Time set aside for anime-watching...

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Waynestock

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
When putting your daily schedule as a student or an employee in perspective, how easy is it for you guys to squeeze in anime into your week? In other words, would you say that you have plenty of time to fit in at least one episode of anime every day, or might reserving the time for anime be difficult for you in some cases?

For me it more or less depends on if i have a lot of shows to watch, but I'd say that even as a college student with a full load, I am able to find time to squeeze in an episode of an anime each day just to keep my sanity (usually this involves reserving some study breaks set aside for anime watching). Midterms and finals are an exception to this, where I would need to take away all of my anime time and focus away from the stuff.
Lilithi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:56 am Reply with quote
On weekdays i don't really watch Allot of Anime, but in the weekends. Mostly on saturday. I watch about.. 35 episodes of Anime. that's about average.. but my week is always filled with Anime joy how you can call it =)
Ishmoo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quote
Lately I've been blessed with lots of free time to watch marathons of anime. I'll have to go back to work soon, but I've been a stay at home mom with two little kids for a few years. Even keeping up with the little ones and my other responsibilities, I find that I still have time to watch several episodes per day. I'll have to give that all up soon now that they're both in school. Back to work. Sigh!

I do tend to wait until after the kids go to bed at night to fall into my anime habit so that probably won't change too much. I watch it like other Americans watch prime time TV, which I mostly ignore.
sirgalahadthegreat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:43 am Reply with quote
Saturdays, 1-5:30 PM, as well as weekdays, 5-6 PM and 9 PM.
r-18

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quote
Well I'm retired and right now it's 6:54 am and i just finished watching ep. 24 of azumanga daioh and 2 eps. of lucky star. on a good day i might get 5-6 eps. in but I've done marathons and watched 20 or so eps in one day so i have time for anime. you too can watch all the anime you want all you have to do is suffer a life threatening industrial accident barely survive and then be disabled on social security. but i don't recommend this as good option.
IchigoK90

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quote
I'm a student, huge slacker and under achiever in school so I really have a lot of free time to check out Anime. Really depends on what courses I have really though. However it also depends if I have any anime to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Masayume

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
I'm a part time college senior getting ready to graduate and I work full time as a server when I'm not basically in class so... what time I do have is spent pretty much doing schoolwork right now. Anime basically gets fit into my schedule when it works. I definitely don't have a set time nor a lot of time either :/
CTB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quote
I am a working bloke, but with plenty of time to watch Anime. I usually watch about 3-5 episodes on weekdays only (nights 7:30 to 11 ish). On weekends I need to catch up with the other non-Anime TV shows!
larinon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I tend to have more time to watch on my weekends, which seem to be pretty open for me. (Not including this weekend when I'll be out of town and somehow need to find time to grade tests for three of my classes)

During the week, I might watch an episode or two or three during the evening. In the mornings, when I'm exercising, I'll plant my stationary bike in front of my computer and watch an episode then, as well.

And then we have our anime club meetings on Thursday evenings, so I get to watch a fair bit then even though most of the time it's stuff I've seen already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I work full time myself. I have plenty of time before or after work to watch anime if I so choose. I however do not set aside any specific amount of time or specific time itself to watch anime. If I'm in the mood I watch it, simple as that.
Jih2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Primarily on weekends although this last quarter of high school's been really weird. I have alot more work but I find myself being able to watch a couple fansubs of the new season in between the day. However this is probably simply because of the new season and my new decision to watch fansubs. Weekends and extended school vacations tend to be when most of my watching is done though.
Xeric

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Much like Psycho 101, right now I watch anime when I can and when I'm in the mood. The amount of free time I have varies wildly day to day for me right now. It'll probably settle down in a couple of months, at which point I'll most likely go back to setting aside a specific hour or two during the day.

An interesting habit I have is that I vary rarely only watch one episode. If I don't have time to watch at least two in a row (they need not even be from the same series) I won't watch anything. I can't really offer any explanation; it's just a quirk I guess.
KairuRoukan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
I work the entire weekend, and I have college during the week, so most of the time I'm only able to watch a couple of episodes before I get to bed. Occasionally I'll be able to watch a few here and there during the day, but most of the time it's at night before I hit the sack.
Red Lotus
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I watch when the new ones come out. Having a part time job and being a student somehow doesent conflict with watching 4-6 hours of anime on Sunday Very Happy
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I have NO time to sit on my duff and watch anime!

But I do anyway, and it's always either

A) When my parents are out of the house, despite the fact I probably have work to do, I take advantage of the time...

B) Late at night. 11:00-2:00-ish.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2