• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
DreamWorks has acquired manga right for "Ghost In The S

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stewiesan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:56 am Reply with quote
http://www.variety.com/VR1117984029.html

"DreamWorks has acquired rights to the Japanese manga "Ghost in the Shell" with plans to adapt the futuristic police thriller as a 3-D live-action feature."

"Universal and Sony were also chasing "Ghost in the Shell," but Steven Spielberg took personal interest in the property and made it happen at DreamWorks.

" 'Ghost in the Shell' is one of my favorite stories," Spielberg said. "It's a genre that has arrived, and we enthusiastically welcome it to DreamWorks'""

Flop? Excited? Bored?
zhir

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:48 am Reply with quote
Locked for redundancy.

Stewiesan, we all appreciate your eagerness to keep us in the loop -- but do remember that ANN is primarily a news site. If you want to talk about a news story, please check to see if it has already been covered. If it has, there will be a Talkback forum thread on it.

If it hasn't been covered in a news story, you have a brilliant chance to get a public thank-you from the staff -- send one of the news staff (for instance, Zac) your tip by PM, and if it's news to us as well, you may be sure that we'll mention your name in the news article, with a thank-you.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1