• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toon Zone doesn't appreciate Anime!

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Dolmus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Their website has the Anime forum under the category "Cartoons". Those idiots should know by now that Anime IS NOT the same as Cartoons! All cartoons are random and stupid and for kids! All anime is serious and full of action and are for adults!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
You should email them about that.

You also need to go over to Japan and tell those people that Bugs Bunny isn't anime. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Quit whining. The distinction is irrelevant except from stylistic and cultural perspectives. Especially since American animation started trying to tell more complex stories. If you have trouble, just take the Cartman approach. Don't come crying to us like we're going to make like Stalin and invade them to set up a puppet government or something.
Lord Dolmus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
You also need to go over to Japan and tell those people that Bugs Bunny isn't anime. Rolling Eyes

ZOMG! They should know better but I love those guys.

Quote:
Quit whining. The distinction is irrelevant except from stylistic and cultural perspectives. Especially since American animation started trying to tell more complex stories. If you have trouble, just take the Cartman approach. Don't come crying to us like we're going to make like Stalin and invade them to set up a puppet government or something.

Doesn't that upset you though? Now new anime fans are going to think that anime is just as randon and retarded as cartoons and it's not!
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Lord Dolmus wrote:
Doesn't that upset you though?

Not really.

Quote:
Now new anime fans are going to think that anime is just as randon and retarded as cartoons and it's not!

If Shinchan isn't random and retarded I don't know what is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
zhir

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Stop feeding the troll.

Edit: also

Lord Dolmus wrote:
I use to think so, I had this crazy idea that anime was short for animation but what was I thinking?

On various places on the net it's common to see cartoon and anime seperated, even though anime is just japanese cartoons but I won't get into that. What I mean is that i'm starting to see people sepreate anime and animation. On sites where they sell movies for example, i'll see a section for animation and one for anime, so my question is, how is anime made? Is it real people? Is it flash? Is flash now considered something else?

How is anime not animation?
BellosTheMighty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Sorry. He didn't really strike me as a troll- more as some jr. high student who hasn't yet realized that the whole E-thug[ thing just makes you look dumb. He probably thinks he can prove his otaku cred by starting a revolution or something. You're probably right, though, if he is making trouble he should be ignored and if he's not he'll learn how things work soon enough.
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Thread locked for massive stupidity.

- abunai
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1