• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vspo! Esports VTuber Project Launches Anime Feature Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 7:54 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The resulting anime will have two versions — one version in which the Studio Members voice the dialogue, and another version using professional voice actors.

Because, as I understand it, "Studio Members" are paying fans, does this mean the vtubers themselves will not take part in either versions?

Anyway, ambitious project. Just hope none will graduate by the time it's finished. It would be really, REALLY awkward.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:01 am Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:
Quote:
The resulting anime will have two versions — one version in which the Studio Members voice the dialogue, and another version using professional voice actors.

Because, as I understand it, "Studio Members" are paying fans, does this mean the vtubers themselves will not take part in either versions?

Sorry for the confusing wording on that. There will be one version voiced by the Vspo! members (that is, the VTubers). That version will be exclusive to the backers of the "Studio Members" campaign (that is, the fans paying 33,000 yen each).
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 8:14 am Reply with quote
That makes more sense, thanks for clearing up.

Most likely they will be only voicing background characters, though.
milkyy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
Projects like these are baffling. Where is the assurance the vtubers won't do something that violates their contract, or "graduate" before the end of 2025? With the dozens of cancelled figures, nendoroids, games, mini series, etc etc this seems... like the previous poster said, ambitious. To me, the vtuber concept will not stick around in its current form for much longer, but maybe the anime industry should stick to making up vtuber characters like in Mayonaka Punch, that way they're not tied to a real life person who could develop illness at any time/break contract over something that's in violation of their rights/etc. etc.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 9:52 am Reply with quote
So is it going to be a feature film or a series? Because the article uses both "film" and "first six episodes".
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:01 am Reply with quote
Chipp12 wrote:
So is it going to be a feature film or a series? Because the article uses both "film" and "first six episodes".

That's mostly because the staff use terms normally used for both theatrical releases (長編, 上映) and episodic releases (第一話~第六話). It's similar to how Space Battleship Yamato 2199 was broken down into 26 episodes, but first released as feature-length films.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:12 am Reply with quote
Wasn't there another esports anime a few seasons ago...
Greed1914

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2024 10:29 am Reply with quote
I'm mostly coming at this from the English vtubing side, but Brave Group (which owns VSPO) has been going hard on expanding/marketing. Multiple English speaking agencies belonging to Brave have started and expanded in the last year or so, and they have even purchased one that was financially struggling.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1