• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Goblin Slayer Author Kumo Kagyu's Blade & Bastard Light Novels Get Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Revan32

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:10 am Reply with quote
Would have prefered "Moscow 2160" from Kumo Kagyu to get an anime adaptation Sad
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:37 am Reply with quote
I finished vol 4 last week and was hoping for an announcement soon.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 8:42 am Reply with quote
Only 4 vol. in the light novels and there is already a planned anime? That is quite the quick turn-around time.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 9:16 am Reply with quote
Looks like they're going with the awful manga designs instead of trying to get closer to so-bin's. The whole point of Garbage is that she's savage, not cute.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:29 am Reply with quote
It's easily the best out of the 3 main Kumo Kagyu works but that doesn´t mean much. Another middling dark fantasy anime about cardboard cutouts goes on the pile.

What does it have to do with Wizardry, what even is Wizardry (I do know that), who knows? ZILLION was made to advertise a light gun. Asking a web novel hack to use your D&D-light brand makes much more sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:43 am Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
Looks like they're going with the awful manga designs instead of trying to get closer to so-bin's. The whole point of Garbage is that she's savage, not cute.

They haven't even shown the anime's designs yet...
No need to randomly insult a mangaka.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 11:58 am Reply with quote
BalmungHHQ wrote:
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

They haven't even shown the anime's designs yet...
No need to randomly insult a mangaka.

There's a key image for the anime in this article.

And criticizing a design choice is not a personal insult (compare to residentgrigo's comments, which directly call the novel author a hack.)
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:

There's a key image for the anime in this article.

And criticizing a design choice is not a personal insult (compare to residentgrigo's comments, which directly call the novel author a hack.)

The "key image" is literally just the manga artist celebtrating. Of course it's gonna use his designs. It's the same person doing a celebration art. No indication of where the anime will go
I say the manga art is more likely. So-Bin's art is too unique for any anime to try and replicate unless it gets top tier staff. Even Overlord is very different from LN to anime. Also, regardless of design, cuteness vs savagery for Garbage will depend on how the staff depicts her and has her act in the anime. A design taking from the manga can still be made savage if she's acting the part
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 12:36 pm Reply with quote
I guess for some people this anime will quite literally have a lot of hot Garbage.

I shan’t be partaking in this round of cookie cutters.
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 2:16 pm Reply with quote
bassgs435 wrote:
The "key image" is literally just the manga artist celebtrating. Of course it's gonna use his designs.

I was referring to the first one, which is the anime announcement 'teaser image.'
But after tracking down the full size image it actually looks like so-bin drew it so my initial reaction is entirely out of line.

Also if I'd realized this thread was gonna be full of people being shockingly rude about one of the best novelists in the business I wouldn't have brought that negativity in at all...
Fluwm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2024 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Cunningham wrote:
bassgs435 wrote:
The "key image" is literally just the manga artist celebtrating. Of course it's gonna use his designs.

I was referring to the first one, which is the anime announcement 'teaser image.'
But after tracking down the full size image it actually looks like so-bin drew it so my initial reaction is entirely out of line.

Also if I'd realized this thread was gonna be full of people being shockingly rude about one of the best novelists in the business I wouldn't have brought that negativity in at all...

Literally what are you talking about? The only person being especially negative in this thread... is you. Calling an author mid is leagues away from "shocking rudeness."

And speaking as someone who hasn't consumed any media created by this person, or based on this person's work... Goblin Slayer is that series most known for its bestiality/monster-rape fetish stuff, right? And one that, iirc, doesn't even give characters names? I dunno, man. I have a hard time imagining the person behind something like that could be considered "one of the best novelists in the business," and I'm curious why you think so. Who knows -- maybe I'm misremembering and/or conflating one series with another.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1