• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams My Hero Academia: Heroes Rising Anime Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 9:30 am Reply with quote
Looks like they're slowly but surely streaming the movies!
Silver Kirin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2024 11:05 am Reply with quote
Something weird happened with the Latin American Spanish dub, it was available on Crunchyroll for a couple of hours, it was then removed from the platform and they re-uploaded but now it's only avilable with subtitles, though the dub version is still available on Crunchyroll's channel on Prime Video. That's so weird, though part of me is wondering if Toho or Sony realized that it was because the dub is the one made in Mexico, which was done before Funimation dubbed the series into Spanish in Miami with a entirely new cast, and I've said it before, but My Hero Academia's Neutral Spanish dub made in Miami (plus a lot of collaborations done in other countries) is one of the most criticized dubs in recent years, there are very few people who supports it and many others consider the voices of the first two films as the definitive ones, but it seems like Toho wants to insist that the voices of the series are respected because even the fourth film, despite the fact that it was dubbed mostly in Mexico, kept most of the Miami cast, except for Tsuyu, All for One, Hawks and Denki. The thing is that MHA is the only anime Spanish dub which is recorded in Miami
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2024 9:42 am Reply with quote
It's interesting how much of a gap there is when it comes to movies on Crunchyroll. I suppose there are several things that could have factored here: movies are there one license from the series, this was a Funimation license and that transition of content took far longer than they said, etc.

Movies have always been a bit of a mixed bag for both Funimation and Crunchyroll. Sometimes they get skipped despite picking up a series they are part of, or they won't get dubs, despite the series having them.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1