• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Nina the Starry Bride

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zfunk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2024 4:57 pm Reply with quote
So I haven't read ahead in the manga or anything, so I don't know what happens. But I am pretty sure the real princess Alicia is alive. We don't see a corpse, so I assume she is alive.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:44 pm Reply with quote
I've been really enjoying the manga so I'm glad the anime is so far pretty solid. The animation isn't stellar, but serviceable enough and I like the colors.

The voice cast is also on-point even if Yuichiro Umehara voicing a dark-haired pretty boy in a Shojo fantasy show (or just plain Shojo) is super expected.

Nina is such an endearing Heroine. A tomboy who speaks her mind but just wants to be needed and appreciated, and is caring and fun all the while dealing with her personal emotional baggage.

They had Nao Toyama do the ED and Muhulum so I wonder if Maaya Sakamoto spoiler[will voice the Galgada king?]

Also I love how spoiler[the ED basically spoils the plot of the entire season as the "Story of Nina."]
ab2143

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 5:28 am Reply with quote
The Review wrote:
The manga's beautiful art may not have made the transition to anime as smoothly as I hoped

Yeah, I think Az looks better in the manga... At least Nina looks great!

Pacing is quite fast. I don't think we'll be seeing spoiler[Sol] in this season? They weren't shown in the opening? Unless I missed it
BlueFoot

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 10:13 am Reply with quote
zfunk wrote:
So I haven't read ahead in the manga or anything, so I don't know what happens. But I am pretty sure the real princess Alicia is alive. We don't see a corpse, so I assume she is alive.

The thing that bugs me is how nobody in the know seems to be affected at all by her death. I get that they're trying to hide it, but they're all like "Oops, I dropped the cake I was baking for the party on the floor, I guess I'll have to buy one at the store and pretend I made it." At this point, I can't tell if there's a plot reason for this or if it's a weakness in the storytelling and/or adaptation.
q_3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2024 1:24 pm Reply with quote
BlueFoot wrote:
The thing that bugs me is how nobody in the know seems to be affected at all by her death. I get that they're trying to hide it, but they're all like "Oops, I dropped the cake I was baking for the party on the floor, I guess I'll have to buy one at the store and pretend I made it." At this point, I can't tell if there's a plot reason for this or if it's a weakness in the storytelling and/or adaptation.

The only people in the know (from what we've seen) are Azure and various attendants, all of whom are just trying to survive in a dangerous environment, and none of whom seem to have had any reason to be emotionally attached to Alisha. It's also a society that places much lower value on life, whether by not caring when peasants die or by treating a princess as little more than a diplomatic bargaining chip.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1