• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix Unveils Ember Storia Strategy RPG for Smartphones, PC

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flamemasterelan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Fire Emblem Awakening's Yūsuke Kozaki designs characters, FF13's Masashi Hamauzu composes music
Square Enix unveiled a new free-to-play "strategic RPG" smartphone game titled Ember Storia on Thursday.

Had me in the first half.
MyMasterMatthew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2024 9:51 pm Reply with quote
On the one hand, this looks really cool and it's caught my attention. The character designs are appealing, I enjoyed the music, and the gameplay looks interesting. On the other hand, do I really want to invest more of my time in a game that will likely end service 1 - 2 years after launch? Assuming it eventually gets an English release, I still have time to decide, but I've been burned far too many times to not seriously consider skipping. Which is unfortunate.
LinkTSwordmaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
On the other hand, do I really want to invest more of my time in a game that will likely end service 1 - 2 years after launch? Assuming it eventually gets an English release, I still have time to decide, but I've been burned far too many times to not seriously consider skipping. Which is unfortunate.

Same, SE is one of those companies with the worst track record for it right now.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 10:02 am Reply with quote
LinkTSwordmaster wrote:
MyMasterMatthew wrote:
On the other hand, do I really want to invest more of my time in a game that will likely end service 1 - 2 years after launch? Assuming it eventually gets an English release, I still have time to decide, but I've been burned far too many times to not seriously consider skipping. Which is unfortunate.

Same, SE is one of those companies with the worst track record for it right now.

For mobile games, I def agree. But what also caught my attention is the collaboration with Yūsuke Kozaki-san. I've always loved FE character designs. Smile What's more, SE is doing something different: the city-building part. I've tried FFVII: First Soldier, FF BE:WOTV, Mobius Final Fantasy, Dissidia Final Fantasy: Opera Omnia, KH: Unchained, and Fantasy Earth Genesis... and as much as I did agree earlier about SE's track record, I wanna give this a try, for the benefit of doubt. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1