• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo Releases New Sound Clock 'Alarmo'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:44 am Reply with quote
"Alarmo?" Why did Nintendo name it that? It sounds like a name Frank Castle would have given for the gimmicks for one of his movies or something like that.
milkyy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 12:58 am Reply with quote
If I ever have to wake up to Mario coin sound fx, someone's losing an organ. This smacks of amazon alexa to me- what a nice little *MOTION ACTIVATED DEVICE TO TRACK YOU AT ALL HOURS* I mean, fun alarm clock that's totally not sinister or overpriced and basically made only as a marketing gimmick.

Can they just make the pokewalkers from HG/SS a mass produced thing again? Those actually slapped
Firefly251

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 1:59 am Reply with quote
i mean....fun for those interested (prolly younger people) but you can do better DIY and be able to load any sound you want as benefit....and for less than $100
finlands-beret

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 5:22 am Reply with quote
I'm honestly surprised Nintendo didn't 'price-match'; it's £89.99 in the UK. Still, it's pricey either side of the pond.
crh1985

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 7:40 am Reply with quote
This new switch system looks great, i might be generations ahead of other consoles.
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 8:45 am Reply with quote
Ngl, It got me interested but... it is expensive for an alarm clock huhu. Shocked

Quote:
The Pokémon Company recently released a similar sleep aid titled Pokémon Sleep for smartphones in late July 2023. The app by SELECT BUTTON inc. records, measures, and analyzes sleep of the user who is next to the smartphone. The app then categorizes the user's sleep type as dozing, snoozing, or slumbering. Pokémon who sleep in the same way as the user gather around Snorlax on the screen.

I was also able to try the Pokemon Sleep app, but for reals, the only thing I don't like about this app is that it's battery draining. Still, I think having this app and Alarmo would be interesting. I would def wanna see the quality of my sleep. Smile
jdnation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2024 9:44 am Reply with quote
I have a feeling this motion tech will be one of the new gimmicks added to the Switch 2.

As for the clock itself... No thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1