• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bringing Hololive to the U.S.: An Interview With Motoaki Tanigo, CEO of COVER Corp

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 8:57 am Reply with quote
So far, Cover seems to have a pretty sensible approach to growth. Things aren't the way they were a few years ago, and the vtuber industry has settled into where you're probably not going to see the explosive interest happen again anytime soon. Doing a concert tour that is paired with anime conventions makes sense in that they are putting themselves where there are people who are probably open to vtubing, even if they aren't already watching. The same with the Dodger's game. It was the same weekend as AX, so there was a mix of people there who probably wouldn't have otherwise gone to the game in the same crowd that was there for the game, but had no idea what hololive is. Those kinds of symbiotic opportunities are a lot less risky than say, putting on random productions of their own and spending lots of money hoping that it gets attention.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 11:55 am Reply with quote
Cover’s commitment to steady growth and investing in their talents has made them one of, if not the main pillar of the Vtuber community.

As an aside, I am surprised that ANN has not reported the ceasing of streaming activities by Hololive Myth (English generation 1) Amelia Waston. Watson, or Ame as she is known in the community, was a pivotal figure in the inception of the English Vtuber scene. She introduced as well as popularized several aspects of Vtuber streaming that have become commonplace and served as an inspiration for many. As of the end of September, she will no longer be doing regular streaming, but will remain affiliated with Hololive and will continue to be a part of special events and projects (as of this writing, Ame has not specified which projects she will be participating in, as she is currently in the process of figuring this out with management and does not want to give fans any false hope). Ame’s skills and determination to forge her own path continue to be seen in the way she has chosen to step back from Hololive, innovating a new way for Vtuber graduation. Her (semi)retirement marks an end of an era of Hololive English.
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2024 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I really liked Cover's HoloGTA event from a couple of weeks ago. They brought together just about all their talent from HoloJP, HoloEN, and HoloID and then turned them loose in GTA5's sandbox. Lots of hilarious moments and total chaos.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1