• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Animated Devil May Cry Series' Teaser Reveals April 2025 Netflix Debut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tintor2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:46 pm Reply with quote
Guess there really was a development hell after all but they changed Langdon like in Street Fighter 6? The premise reminds me to the dmc3 manga which acted as a prequel to the Game so I can see season the manga and third Game serving as the basis for the seasons
Kusakabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 8:56 pm Reply with quote
The casting of Dante is a little funky...but it looks okay.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Johnny Yong Bosch is just about the perfect casting for Dante. Also didn't expect them to pull from the unfinished DMC3 prequel manga. Looking good.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Kusakabe wrote:
The casting of Dante is a little funky...but it looks okay.

That sounds like JYB, who voices Nero in the games ...
YackDe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Dante going up against a bunch of regular guys and a very undemonic-looking blue thing already doesn't bode great, and that's without JYB hinting they might be trying to do something really stupid with Dante.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2024 10:57 pm Reply with quote
I guess I'm not surprised they recast Dante but JYB? When he already plays his nephew in the games!? It just sounds and feels weird. And I love JYB.
Scion Drake

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:22 am Reply with quote
Wow the action here looks wild, its already far more animated than the first anime from this trailer alone.

YackDe wrote:
Dante going up against a bunch of regular guys and a very undemonic-looking blue thing already doesn't bode great, and that's without JYB hinting they might be trying to do something really stupid with Dante.

I mean its not like a trailer is going to show everything and even then there are quick shots of some monstrous looking demons. The human-looking soldiers are likely an episode one starter threat and it will get crazier from there.
YackDe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 3:37 am Reply with quote
Scion Drake wrote:
Wow the action here looks wild, its already far more animated than the first anime from this trailer alone.

YackDe wrote:

I mean its not like a trailer is going to show everything and even then there are quick shots of some monstrous looking demons. The human-looking soldiers are likely an episode one starter threat and it will get crazier from there.

Based on Adi Shankar's prior work this is most of the action we'll see in the season.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:38 am Reply with quote
Even ADV got Dante's VA back when they dubbed the Anime adaptation. So why can't a dub produced in LA do the same.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 7:10 am Reply with quote
YackDe wrote:

Would it be anymore stupid than canonically what’s been done with Dante in the games.

Like some of his cornball dialog?
tintor2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 8:42 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Even ADV got Dante's VA back when they dubbed the Anime adaptation. So why can't a dub produced in LA do the same.

There are rumors about issues between him and Capcom cost his role as Ken Masters in 6
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:13 am Reply with quote
There are apparently some characters here from the incomplete DMC 3 manga. Having that to follow might rein in Shankar’s worst instincts.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2024 9:35 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:

JYB kind of gave me the vibe on twitter that there's a plot reason it's him instead of Reuben.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1