• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt Anime Project Unveils Visual, Main Staff

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meowtain Duwu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 12:08 am Reply with quote
Exactly. It would be like trying to pressure Trey Parker and Matt Stone to make South Park more palatable to a general audience.
onpufan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:25 am Reply with quote
Meowtain Duwu wrote:
Exactly. It would be like trying to pressure Trey Parker and Matt Stone to make South Park more palatable to a general audience.

To be fair South Park is very much it's own beast even in the scope of American comedy. Even Family Guy has pulled it's punch a lot in recent times.

Personally I did not like the dub for Panty and Stocking and felt it ruined a lot of the appeal of the show and came off very mean spirited by comparison to the original so I wouldn't particularly mind if the dub is more accurate this time around and the script and tone was more reigned it and they cut out all the random snipes and insults the characters give one another. My only worry would be they overcorrect this time around and do things to try to numb some of the humor instead.

Perhaps the most upsetting thing to me is seeing all the discourse online and checking most of those people's profiles list their age as ranging from 19-24 which means these people weren't even 10 years old yet when the first season came out. The passage of time is very cruel in both how long it's been and also realizing I have to endure seeing kids giving their opinions on things now.
alabamabeachmouse

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 8:40 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Five or six people complaining is hardly an uproar Rolling Eyes

I'd hardly call 25,000+ people insignificant. Maybe don't talk over black folx or try to diminish their complaints and concerns over issues of racism.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:01 am Reply with quote
alabamabeachmouse wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Five or six people complaining is hardly an uproar Rolling Eyes

I'd hardly call 25,000+ people insignificant. Maybe don't talk over black folx or try to diminish their complaints and concerns over issues of racism.

An insignificant number of tourists. They weren’t going to watch anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to this. I usually don't like it when Trigger/Gainax goes bat shit crazy with no restraints but in P&S it worked for me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3