• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Urusei Yatsura 2024 Anime Series Episodes 37-46 Review

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:05 am Reply with quote
Swissman Wrote:
Quote:
I'm still fine how the old movies are and the though of them being remade with the new visuals (and comedic timing) makes me shiver, especially Beautiful Dreamer. That's my opinion, you have yours.

I understand that you like the original and that is fine. However, I don't understand why you would care if they remake it or not. It is not as though the presence of the remake destroys the existence of the original. You can still watch your copy of the original and the people who like new and shiny can watch the remake. If the remake is good or even just OK it is a win win if the remake is bad it just shows how good the original is.
Swissman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Swissman Wrote:
Quote:
I'm still fine how the old movies are and the though of them being remade with the new visuals (and comedic timing) makes me shiver, especially Beautiful Dreamer. That's my opinion, you have yours.

I understand that you like the original and that is fine. However, I don't understand why you would care if they remake it or not. It is not as though the presence of the remake destroys the existence of the original. You can still watch your copy of the original and the people who like new and shiny can watch the remake. If the remake is good or even just OK it is a win win if the remake is bad it just shows how good the original is.

I know, but it's not that simple. As a fan and addict of UY I'd feel compelled to check out such movies remakes for myself and to compare them with the originals, hence my initial reaction. Can't stop an addict from his drugs. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Yes, but you only need to watch the remake once (or not even all the way through if it is bad). The original is always there to sooth your soul. I really can't recommend hate watching. It is not as though any opinion expressed here will have any effect on the remake of a show or not.
Swissman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 9:27 am Reply with quote
@Alan45

It's not really hate watching in my case (I don't do that) but more like "be prepared to be disappointed", though I understand your point of view. I'm just expressing my dislike of the idea of such possible remakes. At the same time, it wasn't my intention to spoil Louis6578's enjoyment for that idea. Apologies if my initial response came across like this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2