• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Witch Hat Atelier Anime Reveals Trailer, Main Staff, 2025 Premiere (Updated)

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 4:34 am Reply with quote
TheSleepyMonkey wrote:
Mikan-box Glasses-kun wrote:
Juno016 wrote:
The promotional video is pretty as heck.
What happened with BUGFILM that people are weary about?

Definitely the Zom 100 situation, which I'd suggest reading kViN's great write-up of. Since this is the same animation producer as Komi (which had similar issues, though not to the point of delays) and Zom 100, there is a lot of room to worry. Though I really do sincerely hope they learned their lesson and gave this enough time, since they can't get away with the "great first episode, some highlights here and there to distract from near zero production lead time" strategy for Witch Hat Atelier, it's just too much stuff that needs to look good to do that with.

Either way though, I'll just go back to gushing over that trailer for now, because I really am happy to see super nice looking animation for one of my all-time favorite manga!

Kojima was also the AniProducer for Summertime Render, which Watanabe directed, and it flared better than the other two, managing to keep very strong points while never going too low. So I'm not that pessimistic.

The problem is that while the team was still part of OLM (where they worked onm Komi-san and summertime REnder most famously) they outsourced a lot of unimportant stuff& Which is way harder to do when you are not a part of a big studio. Sans all of the issuescwith Zom100. Let's see if they learnedc their lesson this time.
Amritzer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 7:13 am Reply with quote
I think Haibane Renmei remake could work well with these visuals.
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:14 am Reply with quote
Considering Zom 100 didn't really have a quality breakdown, I think we can at least guess that the end result will turn out really good, since they seemed willing and able to not severely compromise on it even if it resulted in delays. I certainly hope that the 1-2 years between their first and second projects gave them enough time to rework things and avoid another crunch.
KPK10

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Not sure why people here are worried. Zom 100 had big gaps between episodes airing yes but the quality was still great and the people from Bug also worked on Summer Time Rendering, my favorite Anime of 2022
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:40 pm Reply with quote
This looks really nice! I've heard it's a good series and look forward to seeing it, but maybe someone can verify something for me? My partner and I are trying to double-check but it's hard to look without coming across spoilers on the Internet---does this series encourage an underage romantic relationship between the main character Coco and her professor? We greatly hope not but can never be sure from the outside looking in. Thank you for your help in answering!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:43 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:
This looks really nice! I've heard it's a good series and look forward to seeing it, but maybe someone can verify something for me? My partner and I are trying to double-check but it's hard to look without coming across spoilers on the Internet---does this series encourage an underage romantic relationship between the main character (Coco?) and her professor? We greatly hope not but can never be sure from the outside looking in. Thank you for your help in answering!

It does not.
skyechan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:43 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
skyechan wrote:
This looks really nice! I've heard it's a good series and look forward to seeing it, but maybe someone can verify something for me? My partner and I are trying to double-check but it's hard to look without coming across spoilers on the Internet---does this series encourage an underage romantic relationship between the main character (Coco?) and her professor? We greatly hope not but can never be sure from the outside looking in. Thank you for your help in answering!

It does not.

Thank you so much!! <3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mikan-box Glasses-kun

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 1:44 pm Reply with quote
skyechan wrote:

Nope, there's someone much more age appropriate that's more romantically involved with him.

[Edit:] Ninja'd!
YackDe

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 2:08 pm Reply with quote
KPK10 wrote:
Not sure why people here are worried. Zom 100 had big gaps between episodes airing yes but the quality was still great and the people from Bug also worked on Summer Time Rendering, my favorite Anime of 2022

It's good that you're unable to notice and still enjoy the work, but the meltdown of Zom 100 was very obvious on the screen.
paulchaested

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 6:52 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Lynzee wrote:

They stated at the panel that all the animation in the PV appears in the actual series.

Really? Very interesting.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Visuals definitely look on-point, hope Bug Films can keep it together.
yeehaw

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I haven't watched Zom100 but it seems like the delayed episodes looked ok? I think I personally prefer delayed eps that look good than hastily cobbled together stuff that looks bad but is out on time.
Best option obviously would be if the staff got plenty of time to make a quality show, but we can't have that or we won't have 150 new shows of mostly cookie cutter isekai every season!
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 10:15 pm Reply with quote
The big question is whether or not the studio can keep it together. Zom 100 at its best was really good, so the talent is there for a good show, so long as they can avoid the production issues.

I would assume that they've had a while to work on it so far, as this anime was announced quite a while a go.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2