• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Whisper Me a Love Song Anime Delays Remaining Episodes by at Least 2 Weeks

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobbiRobb

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
THe anime's website will announce [...]

I assume this is a typo that should be fixed, nothing major but better to not have it in there. Also, it might be worth mentioning in the headline that the last two episodes are delayed indefinitely at this point, not just by two weeks. At least it says so in the article itself, so it's not like it's actually wrong right now, just reads a bit weird.

And regarding the actual news, absolutely no surprise from my end. The writing for this has been on the wall for a few episodes, looking more off every week. Combined with recent leaks and the fact that the relase on HIDIVE of this weeks episode was also delayed, it's almost a miracle we got this far. Will be interesting to see when this will end, it might be the end of September. Or they can get two random slots somewhere in the middle of the season or something.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 8:20 pm Reply with quote
All things considered with all the leaks about the state of the production, this isn't too surprising, if sad.
SinisterOracle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:45 pm Reply with quote
RobbiRobb wrote:
Quote:
THe anime's website will announce [...]

I assume this is a typo that should be fixed, nothing major but better to not have it in there. Also, it might be worth mentioning in the headline that the last two episodes are delayed indefinitely at this point, not just by two weeks. At least it says so in the article itself, so it's not like it's actually wrong right now, just reads a bit weird.

I thought the exact same thing. The headline reads wrong since there are four more episodes in the season, two of which have been delayed by two weeks and two of which that have been delayed indefinitely.
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:54 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
All things considered with all the leaks about the state of the production, this isn't too surprising, if sad.

Whisper Me a Love Song has been to this season what Metallic Rouge was to last season. We all sincerely wanted to be able to love it, but with all its production turmoil, in hindsight, there was never any realistic chance.
Lily Garden

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:06 am Reply with quote
Not surprising honestly, this show's use of wonky scene transitions already pointed to some production issues.

As someone who loves this show, I just hope that it finishes without too many issues.
I_Am_Vain_Vision

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 6:11 am Reply with quote
Unfortunate but not surprising Sad
For those who haven't yet, I suggest checking out the manga during the wait for the remaining episodes!
Key

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:02 am Reply with quote
MiniMarps wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

Whisper Me a Love Song has been to this season what Metallic Rouge was to last season. We all sincerely wanted to be able to love it, but with all its production turmoil, in hindsight, there was never any realistic chance.

Can't agree on this. Metallic Rouge fell apart on the writing/plotting front, whereas that's the one aspect of Whisper that has remained consistently good. I can still appreciate Whisper despite its production problems, but I couldn't appreciate Rouge with its writing problems.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 10:34 am Reply with quote
MiniMarps wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

No. Please don't compare two things that have nothing to do with each other. Whisper Me a Love Song has been solid even with all its production troubles. Metallic Rouge sucked because of mediocre writing, not because of production issues.
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:53 am Reply with quote
Angel M Cazares wrote:
MiniMarps wrote:
MFrontier wrote:

No. Please don't compare two things that have nothing to do with each other. Whisper Me a Love Song has been solid even with all its production troubles. Metallic Rouge sucked because of mediocre writing, not because of production issues.

One was a show that people really tried to be optimistic about despite the well-documented red flags over its production, and the other was Whisper Me a Love Song. Yeah you’re right, they’re two totally different situations. Rolling Eyes
KrowRhogan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:41 am Reply with quote
I'm having NieR Automata flashbacks again.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 9:10 am Reply with quote
It's such a shame that Whisper Me a Love Song got caught in production issues that's been a part of the anime industry for so long. I don't even know what any other parties like Ichijinsha would have done to make sure this doesn't happen again to another future potential Yuri Hime anime adaptation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1