• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yashahime: Princess Half-Demon Manga Enters Final Battle

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 12:46 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
TarsTarkas wrote:

Then it should have told its own story, without Inuyashi and Kagome.

And yet wasn’t the complaints about the series about how they weren’t featured enough?

For some that might be true, but for the most part, it is what is listed below.

Top Gun's comment below, lays it out.

Top Gun wrote:
almost no one in the series is actively curious about the original cast's whereabouts or trying to seek them out, even those who would have all the reason in the world to do so.

That is why I call the cast of Yashahime, 'Pod People', cause they don't act like human beings, especially Kagome's family.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2024 10:56 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

And yet wasn’t the complaints about the series about how they weren’t featured enough?

The thing is that the series tried to have its cake and eat it too, but all it did was fail at both. It sold itself as a brand-new adventure, but its main cast were mostly children of the original characters, so it was going straight for that nostalgia hit. And yet said original characters are not just sidelined, but straight-up ignored for the majority of the series. So if it couldn't truly stand on its own, and it didn't do enough to grab fans of the original...then who was it for, exactly?

TarsTarkas wrote:

That is why I call the cast of Yashahime, 'Pod People', cause they don't act like human beings, especially Kagome's family.

That's such a great way to put it. I mean, in what universe would Miroku and Sango (and hell, even Shippo) not have moved heaven and earth until they found out what happened to Inuyasha and Kagome? Likewise, how would they have not taken Moroha in and cared for her themselves? It's all bizarre.
zztop

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2024 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Top Gun wrote:

The thing is that the series tried to have its cake and eat it too, but all it
TarsTarkas wrote:

That's such a great way to put it. I mean, in what universe would Miroku and Sango (and hell, even Shippo) not have moved heaven and earth until they found out what happened to Inuyasha and Kagome? Likewise, how would they have not taken Moroha in and cared for her themselves? It's all bizarre.

Issues which, Iirc, were addressed/rewritten for the manga adaptation to make a bit more sense. Like how >!Setsuna and Moroha are taken in by Kaede in the manga's take.!<
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2